Health Savings Accounts
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
This live audio conference will explain the basic rules for eligibility, contributions and use of an HSA with a high deductible plan. It will also review current studies on whether HSAs are achieving the goal of reducing total health care costs through consumerism. Focusing on the final comparability rules for employer contributions and updates on the new contribution limits and IRS guidelines, it will explore new design opportunities for employers considering how to implement a successful HSA program.
- What Are Health Savings Accounts?
- Eligible Individuals
- Qualified High-Deductible Health Plan; Permitted and Disqualifying Coverage
- Contribution Limits for HSAs
- Distributions From an HSA
- Coordination With Health FSAs
- How Can Employer Contributions Enhance Plan Design?
- The Final Comparability Rules
- The Big Loophole: Through a Cafeteria Plan
- Employer Contribution Designs Available
- How Well Are HSAs Working to Reduce Health Care Costs?
- Cautions on Interpreting Reports of Savings
- Recent Studies on Consumer-Driven Plans
- Requirements for HSAs to Be Successful
- Partner in the Bellevue, Washington, office of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Practices exclusively in all aspects of employee benefits
- Co-writer of the Employee Benefits Institute of America's Cafeteria Plans manual
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America
- Speaks regularly at the Western Pension and Benefits Conference and for Lorman Education Services
- bio info
Who Should Attend
This teleconference is designed for human resource managers, benefits and payroll professionals, controllers, CFOs, business owners and managers, and insurance professionals.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law