Labor And Employment Law Update: HR's Guide To Staying In Compliance In 2014
|Date / Time:
When the post-New Year's confetti settles, you've got a lot of sweeping up to do in the HR compliance department. It's important to stay up to date on the latest federal regulations, legislation, and court decisions that will affect your organization for the coming year.
From the EEOC's Strategic Enforcement Plan to the Affordable Care Act's 2015 implementation date, you need to understand what's happened, what's happening, and what's going to happen in employment law so you can stay in compliance and get your organization on the path to success for 2014.
Participate in this interactive webinar, and you'll learn:
- Key court rulings from 2013 and the impact they may have on your internal employment policies and practices
- Federal legislation to keep a close eye on
- Employment-related issues you can expect the U.S. Supreme Court to rule on in the coming term - and the practical implications those rulings could have on your organization
- Where the EEOC will likely focus its enforcement efforts for 2014 now that its Strategic Enforcement Plan is in full swing, and the steps to take now to stay on the federal agency's "good side" with policies and practices that don't run afoul to anti discrimination laws related to hiring, harassment, retaliation, and equal pay
- Wage and hour mistakes that are most commonly on the DOL Wage and Hour Division's radar, and best practices for avoiding costly legal grief related to overtime, misclassifications, and more
- New immigration recordkeeping requirements to keep your organization legally compliant for 2014
- The latest on healthcare reform so you know your obligations ahead of the individual healthcare reform mandate, which takes effect in 2015
- Union-related developments - the issues the NLRB is targeting for enforcement and why all employers - including those that aren't unionized - should take note, plus learn how the emergence of work centers may alter the union landscape
- And more!
In just 90 minutes, get up to date on the developments that will affect your policies and practices in 2014. Register now for this informative and timely event risk-free.
About your Speaker:
Attorney Marc Jacuzzi is a shareholder in the law firm of Simpson, Garrity, Innes &Jacuzzi. He advises clients regarding all aspects of the employer/employee relationship including hiring and termination, wage and hour requirements, employee classification, civil rights and discrimination issues, employee investigations, commission plans, employment contracts, employee handbooks and policies, confidential information agreements, reductions in force, leaves of absence, employment audits, M&A employment issues, violence in the workplace, and international employment issues.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR/SPHR|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
what's new in labor and employment, 2014 employment law, 2014, employment law, employment law changes, unions, EEOC, Strategic Enforcement Plan
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar