Catastrophic Workplace Accidents: How To Minimize The Risks And Mitigate The Harm
|Date / Time:
No employer ever expects a catastrophic workplace accident or incident to occur at their work site. But hardly a week goes by without a headline about a plant explosion, chemical release, or workplace fatality.
The unfortunate fact is that catastrophic workplace accidents happen every day. And your preparedness – or lack thereof – can make the difference between a successful response (or non-response if you can avoid the situation entirely) and a disaster beyond your worst nightmares.
Join us and get your preparedness plan ready for 2013. You'll learn::
- The essential components of a comprehensive program, both from a regulatory perspective and a common sense perspective
- Some catastrophic incident response best practices that you should consider
- Practical and proven strategies for establishing an effective internal and external communications process
- How to assure that all required notifications occur in the event of an emergency
- The key contacts you need to identify, both within in the company and outside it (in terms of first responders and community organizations)
- How to design, step by step, an effective response plan - and who needs to be involved
- Proven strategies for a successful evacuation
- Mitigation steps to assure that a catastrophic event remains as contained as possible
- How to evaluate processes and operations in order to establish comprehensive shutdown procedures
- Solid approaches for testing your plan and assuring that all involved personnel are properly trained and prepared
- Tips for keeping employees' families informed following a workplace event
About your Speaker:
Attorney Edwin G. Foulke, Jr., a partner with Fisher &Phillips, LLP, has worked in the labor and employment area for over 30 years, specializing in occupational safety and health issues. He served as Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA from 2006 to 2008 and as Chairman of the OSHA Review Commission from 1990 to 1995. In 2010, and again in 2011, he was named as one of the "50 Most Influential EHS Leaders" by "EHS Today" magazine, and in 2008, he was named as one of the "50 Most Influential EHS Leaders" in the United States by "Occupational Hazards" magazine. Foulke is recognized as one of the nation's leading authorities on occupational safety and health issues and one of the top speakers and writers in this area.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||COC|
All US States: 0.075
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Background Checks And Safe Hiring: Trends, Legal Developments, And Best Practices
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas