Technology has become the No. 1 new employment law risk to American employers … and the growth of social media and personal tech devices — smartphones, iPads, laptops — has taken that risk to a whole new level.
That's why it's critical to establish and enforce realistic (and legal) limitations on employees' use of their own computers, tablets, smartphones, email, social media accounts and other forms of technology — whether they're used in the workplace, on the road or at home.
This new webinar is your common-sense, practical workshop on the best practices and potential liability. Join us for The Wired Workplace: How to Set Policies — and Limit Liability — for Employees' Use of Smartphones, iPads and Social Media, hosted by nationally known employment law attorney Joseph Beachboard.
You will learn:
- How to create specific, smart policies on employees' use of their own and company equipment — both on and off the job.
- The risks associated with new tech devices, both in terms of the loss of proprietary information, legal liability, harassment and more.
- How to avoid today's most popular overtime lawsuit: off-the-clock work involving smartphones and laptops.
- How to preserve trade secrets and confidential information in the digital age. (Did you know that one-third of companies last year experienced "exposure" incidents compromising company data on sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn?)
- How to investigate inappropriate conduct involving technology devices and Facebook accounts owned by the employee.
- The latest court rulings that spell out the privacy rights you must extend to employees and applicants.
This is no theoretical discussion. We will explain the concrete, legally safe steps that every employer should take to minimize the legal risks. Plus, he will answer your specific questions about this confusing and timely topic during the Q&A session.
According to a recent study, companies that monitor employee email report that about 25% of outgoing email contains content that could pose a legal, financial or regulatory risk. Don't leave your company open to such a legal disaster.
The bottom line: Technology has increased employers' legal risks. You can do nothing and play lawsuit roulette. Or you can identify the liability holes in your organization and learn how to patch them. Get started by registering now for The Wired Workplace.
P.S. Early-Bird Bonus. The first 50 people who register will receive the Electronic HR Records: Compliance &Best Practices Workshop, a 75-minute recorded training session by presenter Joe Beachboard. The audio recording (and accompanying presentation materials) will help you decipher your organization's legal requirements for filing, retaining, protecting and destroying various company records.
Plus, you'll receive one month of free access to Premium Plus Online — our comprehensive electronic information service at TheHRSpecialist.com. Premium Plus Online features online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus the Ask the Attorney service (responses to your specific employment law questions).
P.P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If The Wired Workplace fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition — no hassles, no questions asked. Your conference materials and Early-Bird Registration Bonuses are yours to keep.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.