Excel Pivot Tables: Getting Your Data To Talk
|Date / Time:
Delivering all the business data everybody needs is just a lot of bits and bytes … until it gives you information you can actually use.
Pivot tables are the answer for extracting usable information from all that data. When Microsoft® Excel® users hear the term "pivot tables," they usually run for the hills, believing that skill set is out of reach.
We'll shatter that myth by showing you step-by-step:
- How to prepare your data for use in pivot tables
- The fastest method to create and modify pivot tables customized for your specific needs
- How to use report filter pages, calculated fields and other powerful pivot table features
- Easy, simple ways to chart and graph your data into pictures that are clear and easy to understand.
Join us and we will train you on:
- Structuring data for use in pivot tables
- Working with the new pivot table format
- Modifying pivot tables
- Creating pivot charts
- Advanced Features: Report Filter Pages, Calculated Fields, working with GETPIVOT
- Why pivot tables? What are they used for? What cumbersome procedures can they replace?
- How do you know if your data will work? What kind of data can be pivoted? How can you clean up datasets, so you can pivot them? How do you start one?
- Crafting pivot table reports - Tables - Formatted tables
- Interactivity: sorting and filtering
- Filter pages
- Totals and subtotals
- Validating data: Great tips for double-checking your analysis
- Automatic updating - What happens when the data changes? - Should you allow pivot tables to automatically update?
- Pivot charts - Creating pivot charts in one keystroke - Modifying charts - The relationship between pivot charts and pivot tables
- Advanced Features - GETPIVOTDATA - Calculated Fields
You'll also be able to ask your pivot table questions directly to Melissa Esquibel, Microsoft® Certified Trainer and editor of Office Technology Today. And there is NO LIMIT to the number of colleagues who can join in at one site!
While this presentation will be shown from Excel 2010, nearly all information will be applicable to Excel 2007. (Some concepts of Pivot Tables will be transferrable to Excel 2003, but the screens, tools and navigation are different.)
In about an hour, we'll take you from "why a pivot table" all the way to advanced features, and show you how to do it all in Excel with pivot tables. You'll have that data talking to you in no time.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PACE|
All US States: 1.25
All Canadian Provinces: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts