Job Descriptions With Value: Strategies, Tools And Technology To Optimize Job Description Content
|Date / Time:
As the economy starts to regain footing, many organizations are now looking to start hiring again. As an HR manager, you many be tempted to plop down at the computer, dig up the same old job descriptions you've always used, and cut and paste away. Or you may just pass off the task to the nearest intern. Either way, you may not be getting the most out of your job descriptions.
Job descriptions aren't merely lists of qualifications and duties. To the contrary, they are active documents by which you determine who you will hire, and how you will evaluate and compensate the people who will eventually fill those jobs.
With new technology and an improving job market, you'll soon find yourself facing a buyers' market of applicants who will have many more jobs and offers to consider. This makes writing concise and effective job descriptions a crucial component for setting your organization apart from the competition in order to attract the best candidates.
Participate in this interactive webinar, and you'll learn:
- How value-added job descriptions are now being used to support recruiting, on-boarding, performance management, succession planning, and compensation
- Why the approval and organizational funding process is a critical role in gaining buy-in to move forward with finalizing the job description and filling the role
- The critical role job descriptions play in helping organizations develop and manage high-performing workforces and supporting talent-management programs
- How to free yourself from lengthy task lists that are tough to create by drafting richly detailed, outcome- and performance-based job descriptions that are concise and effective
- How to accurately devise job descriptions that reflect the competencies, experiences, and educational requirements needed for an employee's success in a given role
- Specific steps needed to develop a clearly defined and legally compliant job description with the manager as the primary owner of the role
- How to leverage new technologies to build, manage, and integrate job description content with your performance management processes
- Legal considerations you must think about when adjusting job descriptions for value, including the ADA, pay equity, labor intense considerations, and more
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn tips for writing job descriptions with value so you can hire, evaluate, and compensate the best candidates.
About your Speaker:
Mary Anne Kennedy is the principal consultant at MAKHR Consulting, LLC, a full-service human resources advisory firm. MAKHR Consulting provides small- to medium-sized business owners and employers with the full spectrum of HR services and programs, including all aspects of talent acquisition—from the full cycle recruitment process to succession planning and performance management. Before launching her business, Ms. Kennedy spent eights years with a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company in a variety of human resources leadership roles. She also served as the HR Generalist for a Fortune 500 office furniture manufacturer and as senior HR consultant focusing on staffing, coaching, and organizational development for a wide range of employers including for-profit and not-for-profit.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How to Supervise People Seminar