Gender Pay Equity: How To Use More Than Salary Numbers To Close The Gap
|Date / Time:
From employee whispers around the water cooler to the White House's Equal Pay Task Force, gender pay equity is a high-priority workplace issue.
The federal Equal Pay Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 both prohibit pay discrimination, and the Paycheck Fairness Act will likely be revisited this year.
If you think you're paying your men and your women equally, you may well be mistaken - the most frequently cited numbers don't tell the full story of whether male and female employees are compensated equally for equal work. And getting it wrong can mean losing some of your best talent, not to mention risking a costly and publicly embarrassing lawsuit.
Join us for an in-depth webinar that will explain everything you need to know about gender-neutral pay at work. You'll learn:
- How the "23-cent pay gap" is calculated - and why it's inaccurate
- Pay differences by occupation, industry, and work experience
- The impact of career interruptions, including those created by employees temporarily leaving the workforce to care for their children
- Smart strategies for reviewing wage-setting practices and the subjective criteria to avoid
- How to reduce compensation programs to writing - what to include in your descriptions pertaining to merit, seniority, productivity bonus, or commission programs
- Tips for training employees on how your compensation programs work
- The role your formal job evaluation system plays in your compensation practices, and how to be sure it's valid and reliable
- Why you must document reasons for non-performance-based deviations from normal salary structures in an employee's compensation file at the time the deviation occurs
- How to conduct a periodic audit of your compensation practices to see if gender groups are being treated differently, and whether disparities are based on legitimate, non-gender-based factors and supported by objective documentation
- What to do if you find compensation disparities between men and women at your workplace
- And much more!
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn tips for establishing and maintaining a gender-neutral pay system in your workplace. Register now for this informative event for HR professionals.
About your Speaker:
Stephanie R. Thomas, Ph.D., is the Founder and CEO of Thomas Econometrics Inc. She specializes in applied statistics and mathematical economics. Since 1999, Ms. Thomas has provided consulting services to Fortune 500 companies, privately held businesses, major law firms and government agencies such as the Department of Justice and the FBI. She has testified as an economic and statistical expert in mediation, arbitration, and in federal and state courts throughout the United States. Regarded as one of the leading experts on the analysis of equal employment issues, Ms. Thomas is a noted authority on compensation gender equity, the quantitative analysis of discrimination, and the mathematical examination of employment practices. She has extensive experience in the statistical analysis of gender, race and age discrimination claims with respect to compensation, hiring, promotion, termination and other employment practices.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing