Pay Or Play: Whether To Expand Coverage Or Pay Penalties Under Obamacare
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
Beginning in 2014, employers with more than 50 full-time employees (including part-time equivalents) will have to offer affordable health insurance coverage to its full-time employees or pay significant penalties.
Full-time employees include those who work an average of 30 hours or more per week, and rules issued in January of 2013 make this determination a complex administrative task. Many employers are just beginning to understand the potential cost of expanding coverage, and need assistance in weighing all options to comply with the law.
This live audio conference is intended to provide an accessible overview of the new requirements, explain the new penalty scheme, and get to the bottom of who is a full time employee that must be offered coverage under the new rules. Other topics will include strategies and considerations for employers and potential benefits for individuals under the exchanges.
AgendaPay or Play in a Nutshell: What's the Bottom Line for Your Organization?
Measuring Full-Time Employees
- Determining Applicable Large Employer Status
- A New Definition of Full Time Employee
- Penalties for Failing to Provide Coverage to All Full-Time Employees
- Penalties That May Apply If Coverage Is Not Affordable
- Options Available for Small Employers
Benefits on the Exchanges
- The 30-Hour Standard and Safe Harbor Measurements
- Imputing Hours of Service During Leaves of Absence
- Leased Employees and PEOs
- Variable Hour and Seasonal Employees
- Measurement Periods, Administrative Periods, and Stability Periods for Ongoing, Variable Hour and Seasonal Employees
- Adjunct Faculty, Airline Pilots, Coaches and Other Special Cases
Strategies for Employers
- Available Benefits
- Measuring Household Income
- SHOP Exchange and New Underwriting Rules
- Effect on Ineligible Employees
Plan Design Considerations
- Pass-Through Pricing
- Managing Hours
- Using Subsidiaries
- Plan Termination
About Your Speaker
- Minimum Essential Coverage and Minimum Value
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Optimizing Public and Private Benefits
Who Should Attend
- Founded The Kinney Firm in 2010; former partner with Dorsey & Whitney LLP; 20 years experience
- Practice is focused on innovation and entrepreneurship in the health care industry, with an emphasis on wellness and consumer-driven health care
- Expertise in ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, GINA, the PPACA, and Internal Revenue Code provisions related to health care
- Experience negotiating complex business arrangements and contracts for the delivery of health care services
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America
- Frequent speaker on health care, benefit and compensation topics
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association's Employee Benefits Section
This teleconference is designed for accountants, attorneys, executive directors, officers, controllers, CFOs, tax managers, bookkeepers and enrolled agents.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location