Impact Of NLRA On Nonunion Employers
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
This live audio conference will educate nonunion employers as to their obligations to their employees, what they can and cannot prohibit, how to be aware of when union organizers are making an effort to bring a union in and how to deal with that contingency. We will also cover the new requirement to post employee rights under the NLRA. As this program will highlight, labor-management relations issues are not solely for the employer who already has a union in the house.
- Protected Concerted Activities Defined
- Protected Concerted Activity in the Nonunion Workplace
- Employee Complaints and Protests
- Employer Policies Implicating the NLRA
- Economic Pressure in a Nonunion Environment
- Organizing 101
- The Weingarten Right in the Nonunion Setting
- New Posting Requirements
- NLRA and the Social Networking Issue
- Overview of Recent NLRB Cases
Mark E. Tabakman, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Partner in the Labor and Employment Department of Fox Rothschild LLP
- Advises clients throughout the country on all aspects of labor relations and employment law, and development of corporate employment policies
- Practice focuses on complex employment and labor law issues, including wrongful termination, employment discrimination, compliance with the National Labor Relations Act, long-term workforce strategies, union avoidance training, labor negotiations and arbitrations, supervisory training, and other personnel policies
- Specialty in wage-hour law, including representation of more than 200 clients before the state and federal departments of labor and state and federal courts, on issues such as proper payment of overtime, alleged misclassification of employees as exempt and nonexempt, and what constitutes working time
- Representations include construction industry employers; health care institutions and employers; nonprofit agencies; manufacturing companies; software and computer companies; banks and other financial services employers; and limousine and bus companies
- Frequent guest speaker on employment law issues and has appeared on local and national television programs commenting on workplace issues
- Writer of a weekly column on labor and employment issues titled, "Making the Law Work"
- Publishes and maintains a wage-hour blog to provide the latest information and observations on new developments in wage-hour law
- bio info
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
NLRA, Nonunion, Employees, National, Labor, Relations, Act, Human, Resources, HR
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Paycheck Fundamentals Training &Certification Program
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar