HR's Guide To Leave Management: How To Avoid Legal Headaches When Coordinating FMLA Leave
|Date / Time:
Confusion surrounding FMLA intermittent leave is consistently one of HR's biggest headaches.
Employers struggle with figuring out how to provide the leave guaranteed under the law without putting undue burdens on themselves. That's a struggle that's bedeviled employers since the law went into effect nearly two decades ago.
In fact, dissatisfaction over the use of intermittent leave was identified as the "single most serious area of friction between employers and employees seeking to use FMLA leave," according to a recent Department of Labor report.
Participate in this advice-rich webinar on May 9 and get tips to identify, correct, and prevent FMLA compliance problems so you can effectively manage all intermittent leave issues.
- An overview of FMLA, including what it is, what it covers, and what it does not cover
- Best practices for having to work with intermittent absences and count them as FMLA leave
- The most frequently made errors when it comes to making mistakes with intermittent leave and how to avoid them
- Tips for communicating with your employees: what you can ask for in terms of updates, how often you can ask, and how to maintain good relationships even when asking probing questions
- How often you can ask for medical updates when an employee is using intermittent leave
- Best practices for handling chronic conditions
- An examination of potential retaliation risks that arise from leave management, such as the denial of job-protected leave and handling return-to-work issues
- When it's safe to challenge intermittent leave, and how to make sure you have the backup to support your decision
- When it's a smart - and legal - move to transfer or reassign a worker to another position
- How to run a fair ship without opening up your company to liability
- And more!
In just 90 minutes, you'll get the answers to your toughest intermittent leave questions so you can prevent FMLA abuse and stay in compliance. Register now for this informative event risk free.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
FMLA, Family and Medical Leave Act, intermittent leave, FMLA regulations, reduced schedule leave, intermittent leave calculation, FMLA policies, FMLA abuse, employee leave, , intermittent leave abuse, intermittent leave fraud, HR Hero, webinar, BLR
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How to Supervise People Seminar