Fitness For Duty Psychological Evaluations
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
Typical Scenarios for Threat Assessments and Fitness for Duty Evaluations
Central Concept: Conduct Evaluations When Administrative Decisions Are to Be Made Partly on the Basis of the Employee's Mental State
Why EAPs and Employers Should Not Select Evaluating Doctors or Use Doctors Who Will Treat the Employee
- Employer Is Unsure If a Threat Is Idle or If There Is a Danger
- Employee Is in a Safety-Sensitive Position and Is Making Mistakes
- Employer Is Unsure About How to Address Decline in Job Performance
- Employer Is Unsure About How to Manage Mood Changes or Other Problem Behaviors
- Information Is Needed About Reasonable Accommodations
Components of a Good FFDE and Risk Evaluation That Will Stand Up in Court
- If the Doctor Is Associated With the Referring EAP and Employer, the Employee Could Argue That the EAP and Employer Influenced the Doctor's Findings
- If the Doctor Has (Or Will) Treat the Employee, the Doctor's Primary Allegiance Might Be With His or Her Patient – This Practice Is Now Often Considered Unethical
- Treating Doctors Frequently Do Not Have the Training to Conduct These Evaluations in a Manner Designed to Withstand the Scrutiny of Court
- Lack of Experience Evaluating the Credentials of Potential Doctors With Medical or Legal Expertise
- Thorough Social and Clinical History
- Objective Psychological Testing
- Telephone Consultations With Treatment Providers
David Fisher, Ph.D., L.P., ABPP
- Co-founder and former president of PsyBar LLC
- Currently serving as chairman of the board of PsyBar LLC
- Actively oversees psychological and psychiatric independent medical evaluations, file reviews, and fitness for duty/violence risk assessments performed across the country through a network of 1600 psychologists and psychiatrists
- Responsible for the educational programming at PsyBar, taken by hundreds of doctors and PsyBar clients yearly
- Recipient of the Innovative Practice Award, a presidential citation given by the president of the American Psychological Association
- Publishes and lectures across the United States on psychiatric and psychological assessment
- Conducts regular training webinars and seminars on fitness for duty evaluations/risk assessment
- bio info
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program