Employee Discipline for Conduct Outside of Work
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
- Discipline for Conduct Outside Workplace Generally
- Required Connection to the Workplace
- Overview of State Lifestyle Statutes
- Discipline Based on Speech
- Blogging and Web-Based Employer Trashing
- Discipline Based on Lifestyle Choices
- Political Activity
- Dating and Extramarital Affairs
- Criminal, Financial and Litigation History
- Use of Drugs and Alcohol
- Activities Related to Sexual Orientation
- Physical Appearance (Weight, Tattoos, Piercings, Dress, etc.)
- Other Lifestyle Choices
- Discipline Based on Conflicts of Interest
- Unfair Competition With Employer
- Disclosure of Trade Secret, Confidential or Proprietary Information
- Discipline of Union Employees
- Off-Duty Misconduct Away From Workplace
- Off-Duty Misconduct on Company Premises
- Off-Duty Misconduct Prior to Employment
- Criminal Proceedings Against Employee
Timothy A. Palmer, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak &Stewart, P.C.
- Shareholder with Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak &Stewart, P.C. in both its Nashville, Tennessee and Birmingham, Alabama offices
- Practice focuses on the defense of employment litigation including discrimination claims, defense of personnel actions, and defense of employee benefit disputes
- Experienced litigator concentrating in both employment litigation and general civil litigation in state and federal courts
- Frequent speaker lecturing on jury selection procedures and employment litigation
- Has been selected as one of America's leading business lawyers in labor and employment by Chambers USA
- Member of the prestigious College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, Best Lawyers of America and is a Super Lawye
- J.D. degree, Vanderbilt University School of Law; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, Lipscomb University
- bio info
James A. "Jay" Patton Jr., Esq., Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak &Stewart, P.C.
- Attorney in the national employment law firm of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak &Stewart, P.C. in the Birmingham, Alabama, office
- Exclusively represents management in employment law related matters and related litigation
- Experience representing employers in employment-related litigation on federal, state, and local levels before court and administrative agencies regarding claims concerning discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour violations, including collective actions
- Frequent lecturer in the areas of employment discrimination and noncompete agreements
- Member of the Defense Research Institute and one of the writers of the Defense Research Institute's Jury Charge E-Desk Reference
- Served as an officer in the U.S. Army and worked in manufacturing and sales roles
- Alabama Super Lawyer
- J.D. degree, The University of Alabama School of Law; B.S. degree, U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- bio info
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
HR For Beginners
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime