Safety Department of One: How to Make Your Limited Resources Go a Long Way
|Date / Time:
As company resources get tighter, many safety departments are being reduced in size, and the safety employees that remain are being asked to do much more with much less.
Many organizations, especially small- and medium-sized companies, have become so lean that only one safety professional, usually with no professional or administrative support staff, IS the safety department. If this is what has occurred in your company, you have the challenge of performing your job effectively while meeting senior management's expectations. So, what resources are available to you? How can you do more with less, meet management's expectations, and run a successful safety program?
Join us for an in-depth webinar where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Why the first critical step is to develop a well-thought out proposal to present to senior management and describe how this can be best accomplished
- How to calculate a succinct return on investment to help justify the request for additional resources, staff, or increased involvement of other departments
- What needs to be included in a comprehensive EHS program
- How to efficiently and effectively track and monitor the regulations that apply to your organization
- How to participate in time efficient ways in local, regional, and national business and professional organizations
- Strategies for streamlining your safety program into a complete and effective machine
- How to increase senior management's commitment to your safety program
- Approaches for generating management and employee support for your safety program
- Why it's critical to integrate your program into day-to-day operations, and examples on how to successfully do this
- Practical and simple methods for assessing, auditing, and correcting gaps that have been identified in your program
- How to identify and evaluate outside resources to augment your EHS program, especially for complex projects and challenges requiring high levels of technical expertise
About your presenter:
Michael Lawrence is principal of Summit Safety Technologies based in Long Beach, California. Mr. Lawrence is an accomplished safety manager and technical trainer, and has been training adult workers and safety professionals for many years. He is a frequent speaker and is recognized for his expert knowledge of safety regulations, safety management systems, business continuation planning, emergency preparedness, and quality management systems.
Mr. Lawrence has over 30 years experience in safety management, technical training, instructional design, and quality management, with skills that were honed during his 16 years in the semiconductor manufacturing industry and 14 years in Naval Aviation. With more than three decades of experience as a frontline worker, supervisor, manager, and business owner, he brings a refreshing down-to-earth approach in the effective sharing of knowledge and experience.
Mr. Lawrence is certified in Safety &Health Systems for Small Business, Instructional Design, and as a Performance Based Equipment Trainer (PBET).
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||COC|
All US States: 0.075
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
EHS Management Systems, Safety Management System, Environmental Management Systems
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program