Workplace Violence: Addressing HR-Management Issues, Security Concerns, and More
|Date / Time:
HR professionals must be able to manage crisis situations capable of challenging even the most experienced emergency responder - from domestic disputes that carry into the workplace to dealing with unstable and potentially violent employees.
Consider these statistics:
- Workplace violence and homicides are ongoing threats for employers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, of the 4,547 workplace injuries resulting in death in 2010, 506 were homicides.
- Nearly 2 million U.S. workers report being victimized through workplace violence each year, but many cases go unreported.
In order to mitigate the risk of violence in your workplace, it's critical for you to understand the four main types of workplace violence that could compromise employee safety as well as the legal liabilities you could face if you don't have a safety plan in place.
Participate in this interactive webinar, and you'll learn:
- Four types of workplace violence every organization should be aware of
- The potential areas for litigation or charges you could face if you don't appropriately respond to threats of violence in your workplace
- What your employment policies should include to reduce the potential for workplace violence
- Examples of how many organizations are currently working to minimize the threats of violence in their workplaces
- Four essential aspects of a workplace violence program: prevention, mitigation/threat management, response, and recovery
- The escalating nature of domestic and workplace violence
- Signs to help assess the severity of a domestic violence or other workplace violence threat, so you can keep your team as safe as possible
- Security planning tips to help maintain a secure workplace that protects domestic violence victims and fellow coworkers against potential threats
- What to do if the abuser is your employee, including what your intervention options can be
- The value of the threat management team
- How to plan for the stress-inducing potential triggering or precipitating event
- Pointers on developing a policy to properly address workplace violence, with particular emphasis on the type of domestic violence protocol to institute
- Key points your supervisory training on recognizing and responding to signs of domestic violence should cover
- Guidelines for the safety of those threatened away from work
- Planning for the worst case scenario - the active shooter
In just 90 minutes, get real-world advice for mitigating workplace violence. Register now for this informative event risk free.
About your presenters:
Di Ann Sanchez, PhD, SPHR, is the founder and president of DAS HR Consulting LLC, a HUB-certified firm focused on creative and non-traditional Human Resources programs and services. Ms. Sanchez has more than 25 years of experience and has held executive Human Resources positions with both private and public companies. Her firm has extensive experience in DiSC Assessments/Strengths Training, Compensation/Benefits Planning, Recruiting/Retention Strategies, Diversity/ Compliance Training, Succession Planning/Talent Management, Shared Services/HR Technology, Employee/Labor Relations, and HR Audits.
Dick Sem, CPP CSC, the President of Sem Security Management in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, works with clients to strategically and practically assess, plan, train on, and develop security and workplace violence prevention and response programs in a cost-effective manner. He has also served as an expert witness in many litigations involving security and workplace violence. Prior to founding his own independent security and workplace violence consulting and security expert firm, Mr. Sem served as the director of security and crisis management for Waste Management for 11 years and as vice president of Pinkerton - Securitas, where he was responsible for 18 offices in 11 states across the northeast.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
Domestic violence, Workplace harassment
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program