How to Develop an Effective Mentoring Program
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
AgendaOverview of Workplace Mentoring
What It Takes to Be an Effective Mentor
- History of Organized Mentoring Efforts
- Benefits of Workplace Mentoring
Developing an Effective Mentoring Initiative
- Mentors in Your Life
- Mentoring Do's and Don'ts
- Traits of Successful Mentors
- Research-Based Mentoring Strategies
- Mentoring Tools
- Planning Mission, Vision and Program Structure
- Staffing Needs
- Recruiting Mentors and Mentees
- Training Program Participants
- Developing a Matching Plan
- Supporting and Monitoring Matches
- Mentor and Mentee Recognition
- Match Closure
- Match and Program Evaluation
Jerry Sherk, M.A., Mentor Management Systems
Judy Strother Taylor, Mentor Management Systems
- Owner and president of Mentor Management Systems
- Assisted workplace, ex-offender, and youth mentoring programs for more than 15 years
- Provided consultation and trainings to hundreds of mentoring organizations across the U.S.
- Along with Judy Strother Taylor, currently working with the United States Air Force to bring mentoring to three instillations in western states
- Wrote many publications in the field, including "Designing and Implementing a Group Mentoring Program", and "How to Develop a Reentry Mentoring Program"
- As a former NFL player for the Cleveland Browns, he was the NFL's Most Valuable Defensive Player in 1976
- Senior vice president of Mentor Management Systems
- With more than 40 years experience, her career has ranged from providing direct service at the community level, to policy development as a clinical analyst with the White House, Special Action Office for Drug Abuse Prevention
- Directed mentoring technical assistance initiatives for federal agencies including the Departments of Labor and Education, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, the Bureau of Prisons, and the Agency for International Development
- Special area of expertise is training and curriculum development
- bio info
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law