Wellness Programs: Impact of the New HIPAA Nondiscrimination Regulations and Other Federal Laws and Guidance
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
Overview of Wellness Programs
- Types of Wellness Programs
- HIPAA – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- ADA – The Americans With Disabilities Act
- GINA – The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- ERISA – The Employee Retirement Income Security Act
Tim Goodman, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Mark Kinney, The Kinney Firm
- Partner with the global law firm of Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Advises employers on wellness programs and health plans, and on retirement plans and executive compensation
- Advises employers on DOL, IRS and EEOC guidance on wellness programs, responding to benefit claims, answering questions regarding the extension of health coverage under COBRA and state law, and COBRA subsidies
- Advises employers on severance, benefit matters related to reductions in force, retirement plan corrections and compliance, and deferred compensation
- Focuses on hospital and health care employers, agricultural and cooperative employers, and tax-exempt employers
- Former president of the Midwest Pension Conference and the Minneapolis Pension Council
- Member of the American Bar Association's Tax and Labor and Employment Sections, and the Minnesota State Bar Association's Employee Benefits Section and Tax Section
- Founded The Kinney Firm in 2010; former partner with Dorsey & Whitney LLP; 20 years experience
- Practice is focused on innovation and entrepreneurship in the health care industry, with an emphasis on wellness and consumer-driven health care
- Expertise in ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, GINA, the PPACA, and Internal Revenue Code provisions related to health care
- Experience negotiating complex business arrangements and contracts for the delivery of health care services
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America
- bio info
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar