Wage And Hour Audits: Commonsense Tips For Spotting And Fixing Problems Before A WHD Visit
|Date / Time:
The DOL estimates that nearly 70 percent of employers are not in compliance with FLSA.
According to NERA Economic Consulting, last year's wage and hour settlements totaled a whopping $467 million, with companies on average paying out $4.8 million to resolve Fair Labor Standards Act claims - up $200,000 over what was paid to settle claims in 2011.
NERA also reported that overtime claims were the most prevalent in 2012, accounting for staggering 40 percent of the allegations it examined in its recent study.
Don't risk non-compliance. Learn how to evaluate your current policies and practices, and discover mistakes before Wage and Hour Division enforcement officials do it for you.
Participate In This Interactive Webinar, And You'll Learn:
- An overview of the DOL's recent wage and hour-related enforcement activities, and what's likely on the horizon for 2014
- Why the DOL's "random" audits may not be as out-of-the-blue as they seem
- Industries at high risk for wage and hour audits and how to tell if your organization could be particularly vulnerable to going under the WHD's microscope
- The most common issues that may become the focus of a wage and hour audit, such as overtime exemptions, meal and rest periods, recordkeeping practices, travel pay, and off-the clock work
- Wage and hour "gotchas" to avoid, so you don't wind up having to pay out significant back pay and penalties as the result of an audit
- Recordkeeping essentials to ensure your compliance with the FLSA
- Best practices for responding to a WHD wage and hour audit
- Self-audit action plan essentials
- Tips on how to address internal complaints about wage and hour violations in a timely and effective manner so employees don't report alleged FLSA infractions to the DOL
- The costly liability you could face under federal law if you don't have sound wage and hour policies and recordkeeping practices in place - and how to avoid it
- And much, much more!
In just 90 minutes, you can ensure your organization is in compliance and ready for a WHD visit. Register now for this must-attend event risk-free.
About Your Presenter:
Attorney Meredith Diette, a shareholder with Siegel, O'Connor, O'Donnell &Beck, P.C., represents public and private employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, the National Labor Relations Board, and the State Board of Labor Relations on a variety of employment-related matters such as claims of wage and hour violations, discrimination, wrongful discharge, retaliation, sexual harassment, unemployment, and employee discipline.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
Wage and Hour, Fair Labor Standards Act, FLSA, exemption misclassification
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program