Payroll Update 2014: New Paperwork, New Laws And Required Changes For The New Year
|Date / Time:
Happy New (Payroll) Year! Just days into 2014 and you're already facing pressures bearing down on your payroll operations. Are you ready to meet them? For example:
- You're not done with tax year 2013… yet. There are FUTA credit reductions to determine and budget for, FICA refunds for you and certain employees, and more.
- You may be due a significant refund on FICA taxes paid on severance packages, based on a pending court ruling.
- Tax reform, immigration reform and new tax regulations all affect your payroll operations.
To find out what you must do (and NOT do) this year to stay in compliance with federal and state payroll laws, join payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., editor of Payroll Legal Alert and Payroll Compliance Handbook, for our brand-new webinar, Payroll Update 2014: New Paperwork, New Laws and Required Changes for the New Year.
This timely new webinar will teach you:
- Important lessons from recent court decisions on payroll issues. (The IRS almost never loses a case!) Learn the 8 simple ways you can stay out of legal payroll trouble.
- How to cope with the IRS's Payroll National Research Project—those intensive line-by-line payroll audits that have already hit 6,000 employers. Learn what the IRS is looking for and the 7 stress-reducing do's and don'ts to survive any audit.
- What payroll must do in the next few months to comply with the health care reform mandates.
- The 6 essential steps to stay out of hot water if you're thinking about paying employees using paycards.
- Important compliance tips for 2014 on emerging payroll issues.
- And much, much more…
This 75-minute training session gives you practical, easy-to-understand solutions to the complex payroll issues you'll face throughout the year. Plus, you'll get answers to your specific questions during our interactive Q&A session with Alice.
Payroll mistakes can be costly… in terms of dollars and upper-management's belief in the payroll department. Never again wonder "Am I doing it right?" Learn how to comply with confidence and avoid the IRS's heat.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
payroll, HR, compliance, paperwork, FICA, FUTA, taxes, IRS
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law