Employee Pay Workshop: Compliance Advice For 2014
|Date / Time:
Discover what you can - and can't - do to stay in compliance with federal and state pay laws in 2014. For instance:
- Can you eliminate paper paychecks and force employees into direct deposit?
- When is it illegal to set a use-it-or-lose-it policy on vacation time?
- What's the rule for delivering final paychecks for employees who quit, get fired, or die?
Learn the answers to these and other questions from payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., the editor of Payroll Legal Alert, for Employee Pay Workshop: Compliance Advice for 2014.
This webinar is especially timely because state and federal regulators are taking a MUCH closer look these days at how you pay employees. Last year alone, the U.S. Department of Labor secured more than $250 million for employees in back pay. State regulators are racking up equally impressive hauls.
What You'll Learn
Use this training session as a checklist to make sure your pay policies are in total compliance with state and federal law. You will learn answers to questions like:
- Can you make direct deposit mandatory? Discover what the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and state payday laws say about mandatory direct deposit policies. Learn five simple ways to encourage employees to voluntarily sign up for direct deposit, plus the three key traps that will sabotage your goal of 100% electronic pay.
- When can you deduct pay for breakage, cash shortages, and discipline? Discover the eight indispensable policy pointers to keep your company toeing the legal line when making loss-related deductions from employees' pay.
- How can you legally pay employees using paycards? Don't make the mistake of other employers and become lawsuit bait when paying workers via payroll debit cards. Learn the specifics of the Federal Reserve's Regulation E, and the six steps to keep you and your paycard program out of court.
- How (and how quickly) must you pay departing workers? Learn the ins and outs of termination pay, including step-by-step instructions on creating a voluntary termination pay workflow, and the nine dos and don'ts for involuntary terminations.
- When must you pay for sick days? Find out what the new state and municipal mandatory paid sick day laws require. Hint: Even the smallest employers aren't off the hook for mandatory sick days.
- What's a "wage theft" law - and why should you care? Such laws place substantial burdens on employers and are the latest twist in state payday laws
Even one payroll mistake can damage your standing in the office—and possibly your career. It is important to spot the holes in your employee pay compliance before the feds or state agencies do. Make sure you're up to speed on the latest employee pay laws and regulations by joining us for this great training session!
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
pay, payroll, compliance, legal, wages, hours, FLSA, overtime
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Background Checks And Safe Hiring: Trends, Legal Developments, And Best Practices
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas