What Employers Need To Know About The Pay Or Play Mandate In 2014
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
Large or national employers should enroll in this live audio conference to learn the latest in employer reporting requirements and tweaks to regulations and transition rules on the "Pay or Play" Employer Mandate under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). It is unlikely that the Obama Administration will again delay ACA's employer penalty provisions (termed employer "shared responsibility" payments under ACA) for another year, with over 2 million individuals enrolled on the public exchanges.
Long awaited new regulations regarding ACA employer reporting requirements to enable the Internal Revenue Service to assess employer penalties are now expected to be issued in the first quarter of 2014. Employers who make workforce adjustments to avoid "large employer" status under ACA should also enroll in this audio conference to learn potential litigation risks under ACA and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- You will be able to explain the measurement, stability and administrative periods
- You will be able to identify common features of penalties
- You will be able to discuss what the employer reporting requirements to the IRS are
- You will be able to review what the potential litigation risks are
AgendaIs the Employer an Applicable Large Employer for Purposes of the Shared Responsibility Payments?
- The Basis for Applicable Large Employer Status: Counting Full-Time and Full-Time Equivalent Employees
- The Threshold of 50 FT/FTE Employees
- The Controlled Group Basis
- Exemptions From 50
- The Measurement, Stability and Administrative Periods
- The Definition and Length of Each Type of Period
- The LookBack Measurement Periods
- Changes in Employee Status and Breaks in Service
- The Transition Rule for 2014
What Are the Shared Responsibility Payments (a/k/a the Pay or Play Employer Penalties?)
- Common Features of Penalties
- Triggered Only by FullTime Employee Receiving Subsidized Public Exchange Coverage
- Assessed on Individual Member of Controlled Group
- The No-Coverage Employer Penalty Under Internal Revenue Code §4980(a)
- Definition of Dependent Coverage for Penalty Provision Purposes
- Calculation of the §4980(a) Penalty
- The Unacceptable Coverage Employer Penalty Under Internal Code §4980(b)
- Coverage Not Minimum Essential Value or Affordable
- Affordability Safe Harbor
- Calculation of the §4980(b) Penalty
- Eligibility for Subsidies
- Employees Not Eligible
- Federal Poverty Level Guidelines
What Are the Employer Reporting Requirements to the IRS?
- Delay in Employer Shared Responsibility Penalties to 2015
- New Regulations Regarding Reporting Requirements
What Are the Potential Litigation Risks?
- Section 510 of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- Section 1558 of the PPACA
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CPE|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location