Skills for New Managers
|Date / Time:
You've been promoted… so now what?
No one is born knowing how to be a manager. And no other job can prepare you for this challenging assignment. Now, you not only have to worry about your performance, you have to worry about how others perform, too.
As a new manager, you need to hit the ground running from day one. But maybe you're not ready to make tough personnel decisions, supervise difficult personalities, and, if necessary, come down hard on former peers and friends.
This new webinar from Morey Stettner, editor of Executive Leadership, will give you the step-by-step guidance to make a successful transition into management. You'll know what to expect, how to prepare and what to say and do when it counts the most.
Join us June 12 for Skills for New Managers and you'll learn how to develop the key skills you need such as:
- Communicating clearly and decisively to earn employees' respect. Learn how to speak with dynamism and express fair opinions.
- Developing and enforcing systems that work well. As seasoned managers know, the key to success is creating and implementing reliable processes to supervise people and activities in a coordinated manner. Learn how to customize the best systems to fit your work environment.
- Avoiding rookie pitfalls. Pinpoint 5 traps to avoid that can stymie your effectiveness as a new manager.
- Pressing the right motivational buttons. Motivating employees is an art, not a science. Develop strategies to drive your diverse workforce to exceed their self-imposed limitations and produce at a much higher level.
- Delegating with ease. By mapping out assignments and matching the appropriate tasks with the right people, you free yourself to focus on what matters most. Learn how to delegate—and then set up checkpoints to ensure compliance.
- Dishing out discipline. New managers often view disciplining as the single hardest–and most harrowing–skill to master. Skip those sleepless nights by learning how to overcome dread and apply a range of powerful tools to put underperformers on notice and give them every opportunity to lift themselves up.
While these skills are important for ALL managers, this webinar is designed for new managers of all kinds–in companies, nonprofits and every type and size of organization.
You can also pose your management question directly to Morey Stettner. And because this is a webinar, there is no limit to the number of colleagues you can invite to sit in on this interactive event.
Imagine being the boss everyone WANTS to work for! You'll discover how — when you attend this interactive workshop. Join us June 12 for Skills for New Managers to find out how to excel as a first-time manager — or hone your supervisory skills.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PACE|
All US States: 1.5
All Canadian Provinces: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
management, managing, coaching, supervising, supervisors, managers, training
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar