Understanding And Complying With OFCCP's New Affirmative Action Requirements
|Date / Time:
In September, 2013 OFCCP announced sweeping changes to existing affirmative action regulations for veterans and for individuals with disabilities.
Now that the new regulations are in effect, many contractors are still seeking guidance on how to implement the new requirements. These regulations include a controversial new nationwide 7% utilization goal for individuals with disabilities and hiring benchmarks for veterans.
The live webinar will analyze these new goals and other new requirements and will offer tips for coming into compliance with the regulations.
Covered Topics Include:
- Implementation of New Requirements for Individuals With Disabilities and Veterans
- Changes to EEO Posting Requirements, EEO Notifications, and Job Listings
- New Mandatory Language for Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
- OFCCP's Format for Complying With First-Time Requirements for Pre-Offer Self-Identification of Disability and Veteran Status by Applicants and New Periodic Follow-up Requests for Current Employees
- The Difference Between the Utilization Goals for Individuals With Disabilities and Hiring Benchmarks for Veterans
- Quantitative Data Collection Responsibilities Regarding Total Job Openings, Applicants, and Hires and New Three Year Recordkeeping Requirements
- New Internal and External Outreach Efforts for Federal Contractors
- The Annual Assessment of Outreach and Recruitment Efforts and Documentation of Criteria Used to Evaluate Each Effort
- Shareholder in the Atlanta office of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Practice includes the successful defense of hundreds of audits conducted by The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, AAP preparation and review, management and employee training, and general guidance and advice on affirmative action coverage and obligations
- Represents federal contractors and subcontractors nationwide on affirmative action matters
- Frequent speaker to local and national business, professional, and civic organizations on labor and employment-related issues
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business, and achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Served as an assistant dean at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. degree, B.A. degree, M.A. degree in university administration, Duke University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program