Lost Wages in Disputes - Calculation and Rebuttal
|Date / Time:
Experts will gain increased confidence and knowledge of how to defend and rebut the calculation of lost wages in disputes. HR and others will find the presentation helpful in assessing an exposure and evaluating a response.
This webinar will cover when lost wage calculations are appropriate; typical components of employee compensation; inflation, discounts and other nuances to be mastered in calculating lost wages; the means and necessity to mitigate loss; resources critical to lost wage calculations; and some special situations.
- When Lost Wage Calculations Are Necessary
- Economic and Noneconomic Damages
- Components of Employee Compensation
- Wages and Salaries
- Fringe Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Effect of Mitigation, Insufficient or Lacking
- Wage Growth Rates
- Other Wage Issues, e.g., Promotion, Career Change
- How to Sidestep the Inflation Trap and Determine a Discount Rate
- How Many Years to Project
- Some Courts Have Limits
- Work-Life Expectancy Tables
- LPE vs. Markov Process Models What Is a NonPh.D. Economist to Do?
- Mortality Tables
- Permanent Black Eye
- Wrongful Death and Other Special Situations
Stephen A. Degnan CPA, CVA
George J. Fruehan CMA, MBA
- 30 plus years as an forensic accountant
- Former partner in a Big 5 accounting firm
- Adjunct professor for 12 years
- Been retained in over 400 litigation matters
- Testified over 80 times in federal and state courts
- Hosted BusinessAmericaRadio
- Economic damage analysis on over dozen asbestos related wrongful death matters
- Performed numerous economic damages in wrongful termination, death and personal injury matters
- 30 years experience as a forensic accountant and as a management consultant
- 10 years as a partner in a regional CPA firm
- Senior manager litigation and advisory services in a Big 4 firm
- Retained in over 80 litigation matters
- Testified in federal and state courts on commercial damages, including wage loss calculation and rebuttal
- Course writer and instructor for UC Berkeley Extension, California CPA Society
- Speaker for Institute of Management Accountants
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Payroll Operations Academy
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance