Withholding Of Taxes On Payments To Foreign Persons And Entities
|Date / Time:
In an increasingly global society, many U.S. payors of items of income are unknowingly subject to withholding tax obligations for payments to foreign individuals and entities.
Understanding the rules for withholding on these payments can reduce liability to the IRS.
After attending this live webinar, you will be able to identify when income is subject to withholding, evaluate the proper procedures to withhold and comply with the proper documentation.
Types of Income Subject to Withholding
Determining the Beneficial Owners of Income
- FATCA and the Threat of Withholding to Induce Disclosure
- Dividends, Interest, Rents and Royalties
- Partnership Income
- Withholding on Purchases of U.S. Real Estate
- Presumptions in the Absence of Documentation
- Qualified Intermediaries
- Nonqualified Intermediaries
- Forms 1042 Package
- Form 8804 for Partnership Withholding Tax
- Complying With the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act
Adam R. Konrad
Robert J. Misey Jr.
- Member of the Business, International and Tax Departments of Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. in Milwaukee
- Assists clients in a wide range of industries with international tax and business matters such as mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing and export benefits
- Admitted to the bar in Illinois and Wisconsin
- J.D. and LL.M. degrees in international and comparative law, Cornell Law School
- Chair of the International Department of Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
- Listed in the Best Lawyers In America
- Admitted to the State Bar of California, Kentucky Bar Association, State Bar of Wisconsin and The District of Columbia Bar
- LL.M. degree, Geogetown University; J.D. and M.B.A. degrees, Vanderbilt University; B.A. degree, University of Kentucky
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts