Understanding Employment Practices Liability Insurance
|Date / Time:
This webinar addresses the essentials of employment practices liability insurance (EPLI), both in terms of the essentials of a standard EPLI policy, as well as issues for advising employers on purchasing EPLI.
It covers the attributes of an EPLI policy and the issues for which companies should be aware in assessing coverage and purchasing EPLI.
Overview of EPLI Insurance
Coverage Essentials of EPLI
- The Historical Evolution of EPLI Coverage and the Current State of the Market
Recurring Issues With EPLI Coverage
- The Range of Claims Covered by EPLI, and Typical Exclusions From Coverage
Assisting Clients in Making Informed Decisions About the Purchase of EPLIHot Trends With the EPLI Market
- Special Coverages
- Third-Party Coverage
- Claims Reporting
- Prior Acts
- Risk Management
- Wage and Hour
Gerald L. Maatman , Jr.
Leonard S. Surdyk
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP in the Chicago and New York offices
- In 2014, selected by Law 360 as one of five MVP’s in employment law in the United States based on litigation results for clients
- In 2014, selected by the American Lawyer as Litigator of the Week relative to back-to-back victories in EEOC v. Sterling Jewelers Inc. and EEOC v. Kaplan Higher Education Corp., the two biggest government lawsuits brought by the Commission in the last five years
- Pioneered the process of conducting employment practices audits to assist employers in structuring effective and practical personnel policies and protocols, this work has been profiled in the Wall Street Journal and Time Magazine
- Represents several leading employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) carriers and defends their employer insureds in class actions throughout the United States
- Developed EPLI risk management programs for these carriers to assist their employer insureds in reducing and minimizing class actions
- Created an interactive web-enabled tutorial for the largest EPLI carrier in the U.S., which provides Internet training for management personnel on compliance with employment laws, Business Insurance Magazine selected the training tutorial for its Best of the Web Award for risk management in both 2001 and 2002
- Writes and lectures extensively on employment discrimination and labor law topics and wrote six books on employment law topics, and has spoken to employer groups throughout the United States, as well as in Asia, Europe, Canada and Mexico
- J.D. degree, Northwestern University; B.A. degree, Washington and Lee University
- Surdyk & Baker in the New York City office
- More than 25 years of experience in representing clients in complex commercial disputes
- Extensive litigation and insurance coverage experience in directors and officers, employment practices liability, and insurance companies professional liability insurance matters as well as other professional liability and general liability matters
- Lead counsel in litigated coverage cases involving issues of late notice, claims made and reported, rescission, dishonesty exclusions, personal profit exclusions, employment-related exclusions, consent to settle, insured versus insured exclusions, other insurance clauses, allocation, definition of claim, uninsurability, cooperation clauses, statutory bad faith, common law bad faith, punitive damages and various other policy clauses
- Drafted policies and applications for directors and officers policies, employment practice policies, errors and omissions policies, media liability policies, food borne illness policies, and reinsurance treaties
- Frequent lecturer on trial practice issues, professional liability issues and insurance coverage topics
- Co-writer of The EPL Book: A Practical Guide To Employment Practices Liability And Insurance, published in 1997
- Co-writer of three text books: Directors & Officers Liability Insurance; Professional Liability Insurance Non-Medical; and Professional Liability Insurance Medical, published by the Professional Liability Underwriting Society in 1992
- J.D. degree, The University of Illinois College of Law at Champaign-Urbana; B.S. degree, Loyola University of Chicago
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law