Medicare Secondary Payer Act: Protecting Medicare's Interest In Insurance Settlements
|Date / Time:
This webinar explores the common problems attorneys and claim handlers face when confronted with Medicare Secondary Payer compliance issues in workers' compensation cases, as well as the latest trends in Medicare-related compliance from a regulatory, legislative, and legal perspective.
- Government Accountability Office and Recommendations for MSP
- Efforts by CMS to Streamline the WCMSA Process
- WCMSA Reference Manual
- WCMSA ReReview Process
- CMS Website Redesign
- Consolidation of the CMS Review Contractors and the COB&R
- Current Status of Section 111 Reporting
- MIR Reporting Thresholds
- How MIR Fits With the Bigger Picture of MSP Compliance
- Advance Notice of Rulemaking-Future Medicals
- SMART Act Implementation and Related Issues
- Medicaid Compliance Issues Update
- Post SMART Act Medicare Secondary Payer Environment
- The Medicare Secondary Payer and Workers' Compensation Settlement Agreement Act - H.R. 1982 and the SMARTER Act
- Qualified Medicare SetAside Review Process
- Requirement for Due Process in WCMSA Review
- Evidence Based Medicine
- Safe Harbor Provisions of WCMSAs
- Workers' Compensation Changes at the State Level
- Georgia and Limitations on Future Medicals
- Oklahoma and Workers' Compensation Reform
Wrap-up and Important Points to RememberFACULTY
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- What Is a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- PreAvandia Litigation and Rights of MAO Plans Under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act
- Parra v. Pacificare and Ongoing Litigation
- State AntiSubrogation Laws and MAP
- Current Status of the Law
- The Courts and Liability MSAs
- Finke v. Hunter's View and Approval Cases
- The Role of the Courts: The Carnival Cruise Cases, and Benoit v. Neustrom
- Caldara and the Interaction of the MSP Act With State Law
- Attorney and the chief legal officer of MSP Compliance Solutions, LLC
- Has nearly 25 years of MSP and structured settlement expertise
- Recognized as a national subject-matter expert on Medicare Secondary Payer Act compliance matters
- Member of the National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals (NAMSAP) and serves on its legislation and data development committees
- Active member in the National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals (NAMSAP)
- Delivers market-specific intelligence and specializes in providing a comprehensive suite of MSP compliance services to clients as they settle workers’ compensation or liability insurance claims
- Previously was a member of senior management for Cambridge Galaher Settlements, a premier structured settlements brokerage firm where he led client relationship management of multiple customers and assisted with service plan evaluations, adjustments and program statistical analysis
- Member of the National Structured Settlements Trade Association (NSSTA), having served on its legislation and regulations committees
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar