Injuries In The Workplace: Practical Tips and Policy Advice to Assist Employers Managing Employees with Preexisting Injuries And Other Disability Accommodation Issues
|Date / Time:
This webinar explores the most common issues that employers of all sizes face in dealing with employees (and prospective employees) who have preexisting injuries, are injured on the job, or who require an accommodation for an injury or disability that is not job-related. This live webinar will also explore how company liability can be limited through prior planning and proactive policy implementation.
There is no amount of prior planning or safety protocols that can completely eliminate injuries and disabilities from the workforce, and employers who are faced with these issues need to have the tools to make informed decisions and limit company liability.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Who Is Covered by the ADA and How Does It Interact With State Law and Workers' Compensation Provisions?
- What Constitutes a Reasonable Accommodation Under the ADA and Sometimes More Restrictive State Law?
- What Do Employers Need to Know About Amendments That Have Been Made to the ADA and What Can They Do to Comply?
Legal Obligations to Employees Injured on the Job
- Who Is Covered by FMLA, and When Should an Accommodation Take the Form of a Leave of Absence?
- Are Employers Covered by the FMLA Required to Offer Disabled Employees Open-Ended Protected Leaves of Absence?
Tips for Getting Injured Workers Back to Work
- What Obligations Do Employers Have When Put on Notice That an Employee Has Suffered an Industrial Injury?
- How Does the Compensation Bargain Limit Employer Liability of Work-Related Injuries?
- How Long Do Employers Have to Hold Open an Injured Worker's Job While He Recovers From an Industrial Injury?
- Understanding the Difference Between an Accommodation for Workers' Compensation and ADA Purposes
How Lawful Written Policies Can Mitigate Exposure
- Controlling Medical Treatment With the Goal of Returning Injured Workers to Work
- Identifying and Addressing the Issue Malingerers
- Understanding the Employment Law Ramifications of Accommodating Temporary vs. Permanent Work Restrictions
- Understanding the Importance of Implementing and Maintaining an Up-To-Date Employee Handbook
- Addressing Policy Issues That Are Encountered by Employers Who Operate in Multiple Jurisdictions
- Avoiding Policies That Contractually Obligate the Employer Beyond What Is Required by Law
Harry M. DeCourcy
- Shareholder with Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Focuses practice exclusively on employment and labor law
- Extensive experience in California workers' compensation law with an emphasis on its direct impact on employers and its interrelation with other employment laws
- Lectured to human resources groups on the subject of California workers' compensation and related employment law
- Contributing writer to Littler's annual employer book series, The California Employer
- J.D. degree, University of San Francisco School of Law; B.A. degree, Indiana University BloomingtonNatasha L. DeCourcy
- Special counsel with Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Practices in policies, procedures and handbooks
- Represents and counsels management clients in all areas of labor and employment matters arising under federal and state laws
- Areas of expertise include employment discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination litigation, and preventive counseling
- J.D. degree, University of San Francisco Law School; M.A. degree, California State Polytechnic University; B.A. degree, University of Michigan
- Shareholder with Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Litigator and appellate practitioner with a practice that emphasizes employment discrimination, interactive process/reasonable accommodation, sexual harassment, retaliation, class actions and wage and hour, and unfair competition matters alleging violations of state and federal laws
- Conducted numerous disability discrimination and harassment prevention trainings
- Counsels managers and human resources professionals on leaves of absence, employee disciplinary matters, workplace investigations, and wage and hour compliance
- Written and spoken on topics related to her areas of expertise
- J.D. degree, University of California, Davis; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, New Mexico Highlands University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing