HIPAA Security Compliance Challenges After The HITECH Act
|Date / Time:
Everyone who handles any electronic patient information should attend this live webinar on compliance with the HIPAA security regulation to learn what kinds of entities are now covered under the HIPAA Security Rule and how the rules have changed.
You will hear the questions you are likely to be asked in a HIPAA security compliance audit, and learn how to go about developing and implementing your compliance plan.
Discover how information flow analysis and risk analysis can make sense of your compliance objectives and meet the privacy and security meaningful use required objective for funding qualification. You will also find out the top security issues health care information security professionals are wrestling with today, and come away with a six-step plan to organize your security compliance project.
Information Security Requirements Under HIPAA
The Security Rule Compliance Process
- The Regulatory Background of HIPAA
- Overview of Security Requirements
- Recent Changes to HIPAA Security Requirements
- Business Associates and HIPAA Security Compliance
- Structure of the HIPAA Security Regulation
Information Flows and Risk Analysis
- Concepts of Compliance With the Security Rule
- Flexibility Provisions - One Size Does Not Fit All
- The Six-Step Compliance Plan
- The HIPAA Security Safeguards
- Being Prepared for Breach Notification and Audits
- Why Information Flow Analysis and Risk Analysis Are Essential
- Meaningful Use and Risk Analysis Requirements
- Concepts of Information Flow Analysis and Risk Analysis
- The Top Five Information Security Issues
- Planning Your Compliance Process
- Founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC
- Provides a complete suite of services related to information privacy and security regulatory compliance, including compliance reviews, information flow and risk analyses, technical security reviews, training and policy development services
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on health care information privacy and security, information management and disposal, and information security risk analysis
- Speaker at national conferences for the American Health Information Management Association and the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange
- Recipient of the 2011 WEDI Award of Merit
- M.S. degree, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; B.S. degree, summa cum laude, University of Vermont
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud