Techniques For Handling Employees With Poor Attitudes And Performance
|Date / Time:
Have you ever had one of those employees with a poor attitude that infects the rest of the team's performance? You know how frustrating it can be on you as well as the rest of the team.
It is important for supervisors to learn and understand general performance management strategies. The strategies can then be translated into departmental, group and individual employee goals that tie into the overall organization's objectives.
By learning a variety of performance management techniques, such as linking individual goals to strategic goals, you will be able to reduce workplace conflict, increase managerial consistency, improve overall management of those employees with poor attitudes, develop plans for handling employees who are failing to meet performance requirements.
By taking proactive steps to prevent problems from developing and implement a clear, strategic plan after problems do develop, you will have a better chance of getting problematic employees back on track.
For those employees who simply will not improve their attitudes, or who continue to fail to meet required productivity standards, the documentation generated through proper performance management will ensure your company is protected if termination becomes the necessary step.
Best Practices When a Manager Approaches the Poor Attitude and Performance
How to Boost Employee Performance by Improving Attitudes
- Using Effective Communication to Assist Employees
- The Importance of Good Listening Skills and How to Make Sure You Are Hearing the Employees
- The Manager's Role in Promoting Positive Attitudes
Management and Leadership Skills to Help You Manage Those Employees With Poor Attitudes
- Why It Is Important to Separate Personality From Performance
- How to Avoid the Snowball Effect With the Team
- Coaching vs. Counseling and When the Appropriate Time to Use Each
- Successful Counseling Techniques for Employees With Poor Attitudes
- Encouraging Positive Behaviors Which Will Lead to More Positive Attitudes
- The Best Ways to Manage Conflict Between and Among Employees
- How to Keep Emotions in Check During Conflict and Confrontational Situations
- Assertive Communication Techniques to Use to Overcome Negative Situations
- How Constructive Criticism Encourages the Employee to Change
- Ideas for Creating a Positive and Supportive Work Environment
- Techniques to Help Employees Motivate Themselves
- Best Practices and Case Studies
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance and employment practices manager at Fortune 300 company
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Has a legal and HR background in employee relations, performance management (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies and small startup companies
- Held director and executive level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program