Wellness Programs: Navigating The Applicable Federal And State Laws
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
Federal laws impose a number of rules on wellness programs. The most recently issued regulations make significant changes and clarifications to the prior regulations governing wellness programs.
While implementing the provision in health care reform allowing for greater incentives, the regulations also impose a number of new requirements on wellness program design. In addition to HIPAA, ERISA, the ADA, GINA, and the Internal Revenue Code also impose restrictions.
This live webinar reviews new HIPAA nondiscrimination regulations, other regulatory developments, case law, and other developments, and requirements of wellness programs. This includes a review of the design and taxation of incentives, laws that prohibit discrimination based on health factors, and exceptions for certain wellness and supplemental plans.
Overview of Wellness Programs
- Types of Wellness Programs
- HIPAA – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- ADA – The Americans With Disabilities Act
- GINA – The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- ERISA – The Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- Health Care Reform
- The Code – The Internal Revenue Code
- Other Federal Laws
Timothy D.S. Goodman
Mark J. Kinney
- Partner with the global law firm of Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Advises employers on wellness programs and health plans, and on retirement plans and executive compensation
- Advises employers on DOL, IRS and EEOC guidance on wellness programs, responding to benefit claims, answering questions regarding the extension of health coverage under COBRA and state law, and COBRA subsidies
- Advises employers on severance, benefit matters related to reductions in force, retirement plan corrections and compliance, and deferred compensation
- Focuses on hospital and health care employers, agricultural and cooperative employers, and tax-exempt employers
- Former president of the Midwest Pension Conference and the Minneapolis Pension Council
- Member of the American Bar Association’s Tax and Labor and Employment Sections, and the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Employee Benefits Section and Tax Section
- Frequent speaker on health care reform, wellness, benefit and compensation topics
- Founded The Kinney Firm in 2010, now Kinney & Larson LLP; former partner with Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- 20 years experience
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America and Best Law Firms in America
- Advises vendors of wellness programs, private exchanges and health care IT services
- Advises venture capital funds in the health care industry, third-party administrators, and health care purchasing coalitions
- Expertise in ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, GINA, the Affordable Care Act, and Internal Revenue Code provisions related to health and welfare benefits
- Frequent speaker on Affordable Care Act implementation, wellness programs, and health and welfare benefit topics
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Employee Benefits Section
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law