Travel Pay: When To Pay It, How To Pay It, And How To Tax It
|Date / Time:
Paying employees for their travel time — and dealing with subsequent reimbursements and deductions — is one of the most confusing parts of HR and payroll administration.
Travel Pay: When to Pay It, How to Pay It, and How to Tax It — from the publishers of Payroll Legal Alert and the Payroll Compliance Handbook — explains IRS and DOL rules regarding what is considered "travel time” versus "commuting time,” plus what is an allowable expense versus taxable wages.
- Must you pay hourly employees for … a cab to the airport? … a drive to a second worksite? … a flight to a conference?
- What's considered bona fide travel by the IRS?
- When is your reimbursement payment for employees' airfare, car and hotel no longer considered an allowable travel expense … but instead considered a "commute” (taxable wages)?
Mindy Mayo, an employment tax expert and frequent speaker on this topic, will explain which workers are entitled to travel time pay and at what rate. She will explain the tracking and paperwork necessary to compensate the traveling employee correctly.
Join us to discover:
Don't get caught in an FLSA lawsuit or an audit of your employees' travel expenses! Either one could be a huge expense and black mark on your record. Discover the proper steps NOW to pay and reimburse employees correctly for travel.
- When to pay nonexempt employees for their time spent traveling to and from company activities — and at the activity itself.
- What does the IRS consider bona fide travel? (Mindy will address the rules for mileage, airfare, hotel, and car rental.)
- How quickly receipts must legally be provided by an employee, and how often expense reports must be submitted.
- What's considered a wage or a taxable commuting benefit.
- What's unpaid "commuting” time … and what are the IRS guidelines regarding commuting costs?
- Common pay- and FLSA-related problems that arise with employee travel, such as meals during travel.
- Plus answers to YOUR travel-pay questions during our interactive Q&A session.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PACE|
All US States: 1.5
PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
travel, payroll, pay, reimbursements, HR, benefits
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar