Auditing Your Employee Benefits Program
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
Often too much attention is paid to an employer's medical plan, to the detriment of the other valuable offerings.
This live webinar will walk you through how to thoroughly review each of the medical and nonmedical benefits to be sure they are truly meaningful, cost effective, and in legal compliance. With the constant press and attention on healthcare and health insurance, it is important to review your benefits package as a whole package.
Employers often focus on "total rewards" related to employment. The health and welfare benefit plan, in its entirety, is a large portion of a total rewards package.
It extends well beyond just the health program. Making sure of the adequacy and value of this portion of total rewards is an invaluable exercise in the total rewards alignment with corporate values and culture.
This live webinar will serve as an exciting tutorial to help you be sure the benefit plans, and especially the costs, are in alignment with overall company budgets and objectives.
Assessing Benefits Menu
Review of Core Benefits
Preparing a Request for Proposal
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary/Employee Paid Benefits
- Other Nontraditional Benefits
- Collecting Data From Your Company
- Asking for Data From Insurer/TPA
- What to Expect From Carrier – What Can You Reasonably Expect/What Must You "Push" for
Making Final Decisions
- Start With Spreadsheet
- Eliminate Outliers
- How Much Information to Share With Incumbent Providers/Insurers
Putting Your Program on Autopilot
- Alignment With Corporate Objectives Regarding Level of Benefits and Funding
- Are Benefits Adequate, Affordable and Meaningful
- Can Carrier Demonstrate Their Commitment to Your Size and Your Account
About The Presenters
- How to Structure a 3-5 Year Sustainable Plan
- When Should I Do the Next Comprehensive Review
- Be Sure All Plans Comply With Not Only PPACA, but Also All Other Federal and State Laws
- Review and Update Plan Documents and Communication Materials at Least Annually
Joseph E. Ellis, Sr.
- Senior vice president with CBIZ, Inc.
- Seasoned employee benefit consultant, health reform law (PPACA) specialist, on-site health clinic designer, and health risk management designer
- Provides strategic advice and support on all aspects of employee benefit plans, from client needs analysis and plan design to implementation and administration
- Coordinates and oversees renewal projections, RFP design and analysis, experience analysis, plan design strategy and modeling, compliance review and network review
- Has a specialty in employee health risk management initiatives, on-site health centers, and value-based plan designs
- In demand as an industry speaker and writer, he has addressed a variety of audiences including The Employers Council on Flexible Compensation and Unum Life Insurance Company’s National Brokers Conference, NFP Financial, the Association of Legal Administrators, Mid-Atlantic Employers Association and various other human resources, trade, and industry groups
- Quoted in Reuters News, FoxBusiness.com, Philadelphia Business Journal, Entrepreneur.com, and many other publications
- B.A. degree, LaSalle University
- Senior vice president with CBIZ, Inc.
- Designs, implements and manages benefit packages that are highly effective at empowering their clients to attract and retain the top talent they need to outperform their competitors, while ensuring that the cost of their overall benefits program and its components are cost-effective
- Worked closely with employers in introducing high deductible health plans with health savings accounts, implementing alternative funding techniques, wellness initiatives, and performing voluntary plan audits and redesigns
- iWorkwell Subject Matter Expert since 2012
- Written and spoken on many topics related to his areas of expertise
- B.A. degree in managerial economics, Hampden-Sydney College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program