Biometrics: Incorporating Health Risk Assessments and Outcome Based Wellness Incentives Into Your Health Plan
|Date / Time:
Employers are always looking for ways to control health care costs. More and more employers recognize the important role wellness can play in reducing those costs - healthier employees means lower costs - but are looking for something with more "oomph" than yet another wellness fair or walking program. A biometrics program may be that extra push your health plan needs.
This webinar will explain the advantages of biometrics programs and tools to evaluate whether they are right for your organization; identify the key issues employers should consider in designing a good biometrics program, including choosing incentives, funding mechanisms and what to look for when selecting vendors; and explore the major legal issues that must be taken into account, with a particular focus on the revised HIPAA wellness plan rules under the Affordable Care Act.
Designing an Effective Biometric Plan
- Wellness and Health Plan Costs
- What Is a Health Risk Assessment and Outcome Based Wellness Incentive
- Using Biometric Plans to Impact Wellness and Health Plan Costs
Measuring ROI and Case Studies
- Overview HIPAA Wellness Plan Rules and Impact on Design Issues
- Setting Goals and Objectives
- Choosing Biometric Markers, Standards, and Scoring Systems
- Nature and Amount of Incentives and Funding Options
- Selecting Vendors
About The Presenters
David Flotten, JD, SPHR
- Employee benefits attorney and HR consultant with Associated Financial Group, LLC, the second largest employee benefits specialists in the U.S. according to Business Insurance magazine
- Works with employers and Associated Financial Group’s benefits consultants on a wide range of HR compliance and strategic issues, with a particular focus on health care reform and employee benefits strategic planning
- Has been advising employers on human resources and benefits for more than fifteen years
- Previously spent three years practicing private law and two years working in the Minnesota court system
- Regularly presents seminars on health care reform and employee benefits at Associated Financial Group as well as presenting at the College of Continuing Education at the University of Minnesota
- Law degree, magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School; B.A. degree, Gustavus Adolphus College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar