Tax Guide to Paying Employees Gifts, Business Expenses, Fringe Benefits and More
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
Paying employees is not just about wages. Today there are a myriad number of taxable and nontaxable benefits, such as gift cards, moving expenses, educational expenses, meals and travel expenses, that employers provide as part of employee's total compensation.
Particularly in difficult economic times, employers are looking to provide such benefits to employees with the least cost, both to themselves and their employees. Failure to understand the tax consequences of such benefits can lead to unintended problems.
This webinar will explain the tax consequences of gifts, prizes and other awards to employees, as well as the tax issues associated with making payments to employees, employer-provided travel, educational and moving expenses, tool allowances and leave-sharing programs.
The focus will not be so much on the technical tax rules, but the pitfalls of such activities and practical suggestions for maximizing their tax benefits.
Gifts, Prizes and Awards
Other Payments to Employees
- Taxable Gifts, Prizes and Awards
- Nontaxable Gifts, Prizes and Awards
- Severance and Bonuses
- The Company Car
- Fringe Benefits
- Employer-Provided Meals and Lodging
- Moving Expenses
- Educational Expenses
Leave Sharing, Disaster Assistance and Tool Reimbursement Plans
- Travel Away From Home
- Local Travel Expenses (Commuting)
- Leave Sharing Plans
- Disaster Assistance Payments
- Tool Reimbursement Plans
About The Presenter
William Hays Weissman
- Shareholder with the law firm of Littler Mendelson P.C., in Walnut Creek, California
- National legal practice in employment tax matters, including employment tax audits, protests and appeals before state tax agencies and the IRS, as well as litigation in civil court; drafting employment and independent contractor agreements; and counseling on the tax implications of various employer provided benefits as well as litigation and settlements
- A frequent speaker and writer on employment tax issues, including a regular column in State Tax Notes, a weekly national publication on state tax issues, and articles in publications including The CPA Journal, the Journal of Taxation of Investments, and the Employee Benefit Plan Review
- Recognized as a leading employment tax attorney and a past chair of Employment Taxes Committee of the Tax Section of the American Bar Association
- J.D. degree, District of Columbia School of Law; LL.M. degree in taxation, Golden Gate University School of Law; M.B.A. degree, University of California at Davis Graduate School of Management; B.A. degree, The George Washington University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location