Understanding and Navigating Some Risks of the Fitness-for-Duty Evaluation
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
When the stakes are high and an employee's behavior is fraught with risk, organizations often struggle to determine whether an employee can remain safely in the workplace. Failure to obtain an appropriate and thorough fitness-for-duty evaluation (FFDE) can have both legal and risk implications.
This webinar will help the employer understand how a FFDE can be a valuable tool. You will learn about the foundations and limits to FFDEs. You will hear a discussion of common risks associated with the FFDE process and will learn some valuable tools to better navigate such risks.
After completing this live webinar, the employer should have greater insight into the components of a defensible FFDE and how to develop a sound fitness-for-duty decision making process.
Foundational Issues for Fitness-for-Duty Evaluations (FFDE)
Understanding Some Risks Around the FFDE Process
- Defining the FFDE
- Understanding the Importance of the FFDE
Navigating the Risks by Developing a Sound Process, the Five Ps
- Inappropriate Referrals
- Inconsistent or No Clear FFDE Policies
- Do Not Know How to Find a Qualified Evaluator
- Lack of Clear Referral Information and Questions
Components of a Defensible FFDE
- Develop Well Defined FFDE Policies
- Have a Protocol for Documentation
- Establish Consistent Referral Procedures
- Consider a Partnership With a Third Party Facilitator
- Know the Referral Purpose to Develop Referral Questions
About The Presenters
- Understands Basis for Evaluation
- Utilizes Objective Psychological Testing and Collateral Information
- Report Is Limited in Scope
Katie E. Connell, Ph.D., ABPP
- Joined PsyBar in 2011 and currently serves as the director of Forensic Services
- Board certified in forensic psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology
- Actively oversees psychological and psychiatric independent medical evaluations, file reviews and fitness-for-duty evaluations performed across the country through a network of 1600 psychologists and psychiatrists
- Provides education and consults with hundreds of doctors and employers regarding fitness-for-duty questions
- Provided professional education for Lorman Education Services, PsyBar’s Live Webinars, Wells Fargo’s Employee Assistance Professionals and for EAPA’s World EAP Conference
- Member of EASNA’s Professional Practices Committee and serves as a journal editor for Psychological Services
- Maintains a forensic psychology practice where she conducts a wide variety of forensic evaluations within the criminal and civil arenas and conducts trainings for attorneys and the Court system
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Background Checks And Safe Hiring: Trends, Legal Developments, And Best Practices
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas