Planning Your Employee Party: Keys to a Celebration Without Litigation
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
Company parties can be a great opportunity for employers to boost employee morale and foster workplace camaraderie. Unfortunately, these same parties can provide an outlet for inappropriate behavior and can potentially expose the company to liability.
This webinar will help you target potential sources of liability and proactively address them through policies and thoughtful planning.
This webinar also will explore the considerations any employer should examine when deciding whether to serve alcohol at its function, harassment and other behaviors to look out for, and strategies for addressing issues related to religious differences. Don't let your company's party leave you with the gift of unwanted liability and litigation.
Alcohol and Liability
- Should We Allow Alcohol?
- American With Disabilities Act Considerations
- Substance Abuse Prevention Policy Considerations
- Drunk Driving
- How to Avoid Problems
- Sexual Harassment
- Negligent Supervision of Staff
- Common Sense
- Policy Tips
Question and Answer Session
- Accommodation Responsibilities
- How to Address Employee Concerns
- Possible Pitfalls
About The Presenters
Matthew F. Nieman
- Shareholder in Jackson Lewis P.C.'s Washington, D.C. Region office
- Represents employers in a broad spectrum of labor and employment law matters, including discrimination, wage and hour, questions related to the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act of 1994 (“USERRA”), and workplace drug-testing issues
- Actively involved in all phases of the litigation process
- Regularly speaks to and provides training to employer groups on various workplace-related topics, including sexual harassment, discrimination, substance-abuse prevention, and litigation avoidance
- Past-president and current legislative liason for the Dulles Chapter of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Was selected for inclusion in Virginia Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star each year since 2010 as well as recognized in the Washington Post Magazine as a Washington D.C. Metro Area Outstanding Young Lawyer each year since 2013
- J.D. degree, William & Mary School of Law; B.S. degree in industrial and labor relations, Cornell University; commission as a Distinguished Military Graduate of the U.S. Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts