Inclement Weather Pay Policies
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
At some point all businesses must address inclement weather and its impact on the workforce. What many employers do not realize, however, is that inclement weather policies, if not prepared properly, can lead to violations of state and federal wage and hour laws, occupational safety and health requirements, and other employment laws and regulations.
In this comprehensive webinar, you will learn basic employment law rules impacting inclement weather policies, including legal tests for when employees must be paid, reporting time pay rules, rules governing employee call back, reporting time pay, payment for controlled and uncontrolled standby, enforcement of employer attendance policies, and the impact of inclement weather policies on the employee's exempt status.
Practical elements of inclement weather policies, including communicating with employees on short notice, objective standards for determining if work can be performed, and balancing safety against enforcement of employer attendance policies will be addressed.
When Must Your Employees Be Paid?
Occupational Safety and Health Issues
- Tests for When Employees Must Be Paid
- Special Pay Rules for Inclement Weather
- Payment Decisions and Impact on Employee's Exempt Status
- Mandatory Use of Vacation and Other Paid Time Off
Employer Inclement Weather Policies – Essential Legal and Practical Elements
- Employer Duty to Provide Safe Work Environment
- Enforcement of Employer Attendance Policies
- State and Federal Legislation Addressing Weather and Safety
About The Presenters
- Legal Elements
- Practical Elements
Douglas J. Farmer, Esq.
- Shareholder of the San Francisco office of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., a national law firm specializing in employment law with offices in more than 40 cities
- Specialties in providing strategic advice to management on employment law matters
- Tried to verdict wage and hour, sexual harassment, age discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, and other wrongful termination claims in state and federal courts
- Former trial attorney for the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, San Francisco district office
- Wrote, “California Employment Law: The Complete Survival Guide to Doing Business in California" (available at www.employmentlawpublishers.com)
- Recognized as one of California’s leading employment lawyers in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers; and as a Super Lawyer by Northern California Super Lawyer Magazine
- J.D. and B.A. degrees, Harvard University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism