Federal Employment Law Outlook For 2015: HR's Essential Policy And Practice Update
|Date / Time:
Is your organization ready for 2015's federal employment law changes?
2015 is shaping up to be a big year with issues like overtime exemptions, pregnancy accommodations, background checks, same-sex marriage and others demanding HR professionals' attention.
- The DOL is poised to release new overtime regs that will tighten up the duties test for white-collar exemptions.
- The EEOC's Strategic Enforcement Plan is targeting equal pay laws, barriers in recruitment and hiring, ADA Amendments Act issues and protections for LGBT employees.
- The EEOC announced new initiatives targeting employers over pregnancy discrimination and wellness programs.
- OFCCP is gearing up to aggressively analyze compensation practices to fix pay disparity for women and minorities.
Join us for an in-depth explanation of the latest employment law challenges, and their solutions.
About Your Presenter:
- What the latest wage & hour lawsuits and enforcement trends really mean, including the impact the DOL’s updated overtime exemption regulations on federal wage and hour obligations
- How to avoid being the target of a DOL misclassification lawsuit
- When to be concerned about “joint employer” liability for back wages under the FLSA
- Where the EEOC is focusing enforcement, and how to stay off its radar
- The practical impact of the new EEOC enforcement guidance on pregnancy discrimination and recent cases of discriminatory background checks, illegal releases, and ADA violations
- How to be adjust to OFCCP’s new initiatives regarding hiring and promotion of individuals with disabilities, women and minorities
- Which court cases could force HR policy changes in 2015
- How to ensure practices or policies don’t violate the NLRA
- The latest on ACA coverage mandate
Attorney Jonathan R. Mook of DiMuroGinsberg PC is a nationally recognized authority on the Americans with Disabilities Act. He represents employers and businesses on matters relating to employment law, business torts and business disputes.
He frequently counsels employers on issues involving compliance with the ADA and accommodating disabled employees, as well as other employment related matters.
He is a co-editor of the Virginia Employment Law Letter and a regular contributor to several legal publications. He is included in Best Lawyers in America (2014 ed.) for employment law, and ALM Legal Leaders has listed him as a Top Rated Labor & Employment Lawyer (2013).
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
British Columbia: 1.5
New Brunswick: 1.5
Newfoundland and Labrador: 1.5
Northwest Territories: 1.5
Nova Scotia: 1.5
Prince Edward Island: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
ADA, EEOC, FLSA, ACA
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism