Hiring Essential H-1B Workers: Challenges, Strategies, And Trends
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
H-1B visas have become harder to obtain and the related compliance obligations have increased as well. Employers must plan months and even years in advance to ensure they have the qualified workforce necessary to thrive in the marketplace.
This webinar will describe the best strategies to win one of the elusive H-1B numbers and ensure you stay in compliance with the myriad of regulatory obligations as well as describe substantive challenges to qualification and how to overcome some of the most difficult hurdles in getting an H-1B petition approved. Employers will learn what is required to maintain an H-1B hiring system, including how to utilize alternatives to the H-1B category.
This webinar is critical to ensuring you are ready for the next H-1B cap season and ready to hire workers that are essential to your company's competitiveness in the marketplace.
How to Get an H-1B Number
Beyond the Cap – Getting an H-1B Approved
- The H-1B Cap and Lottery
- U.S. Advanced Degrees
- Cap Exemptions
- Restrictions on Fee Payment
Compliance and Ongoing Obligations
- Who Qualifies for an H-1B?
- Employer/Employee Relationship
- Off-Site and Third-Party Work Locations
- The Small and/or New Company Conundrum
- Additional Trends in Rfe's and Denials
- Understanding the Difference Between "Status" and "Visa"
Alternatives to the H-1B
- Wage and Related Obligations
- Public Access File
- When an Amendment Is Required
- Site Visits From the Government
About The Presenters
- Other Work Categories
- Trainees/Interns and Students
- Business Visitors
- Permanent Residence
Aimee C. Todd
- Of counsel at Troutman Sanders LLP
- Practice concentrates on business immigration, including I-9 and E-Verify compliance, work visas and permanent residence
- Frequent speaker and writer on business immigration topics including E-Verify, I-9 compliance, managing the immigration hiring process, work visas and PERM labor certification
- Recognized as one of America’s Leading Lawyers for Immigration Law by Chambers USA; named a Rising Star by Georgia Super Lawyer, recipient of the 2007 AILA Sam Williamson Mentor Award and co-recipient of the 2006 Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation pro bono award
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (Foundation board member), board member of the Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of the Southeast
- J.D. degree, Vanderbilt University; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, Murray State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar