Payroll Update 2015: New Paperwork, New Laws, And Required Changes For the New Year
|Date / Time:
Happy New (Payroll) Year! Just days into 2015 and you're already facing pressures bearing down on your payroll operations. Are you ready to meet them? For example:
Find out what you must do (and NOT do) this year to stay in compliance with federal and state payroll laws. Join payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., editor of Payroll Legal Alert and Payroll Compliance Handbook, on Wednesday, January 28, for our brand-new webinar, Payroll Update 2015: New Paperwork, New Laws and Required Changes for the New Year.
- You're not done with tax year 2014 … yet. There are FUTA credit reductions to determine and budget for, the impact of tax extenders legislation to consider (including retroactive reinstatement of parity between mass transit benefits and parking benefits), and more.
- A new Congress means potent new challenges for Payroll. Major tax reform legislation is a priority for the incoming Congress. The last time the tax code was put up on the rack and overhauled—in 1986—Payroll bore the brunt.
- Immigration reform, new tax regulations, proposed paycard regulations and new labor regulations on FMLA leave and minimum wages for government contractors all affect your payroll operations.
This timely new webinar will teach you:
Bonus: Each attendee will receive a complimentary copy of our 2015 Payroll Checklist, a 14-page, step-by-step compliance guide to each pay period, month and calendar quarter of the year.
- Important lessons from recent court decisions on payroll issues. (The IRS almost never loses a case!) Learn the 8 simple ways you can stay out of legal payroll trouble.
- How to cope with the IRS's Payroll National Research Project—those intensive line-by-line payroll audits that have already hit 6,000 employers. Learn what the IRS is looking for and the 7 stress-reducing do's and don'ts to survive any audit.
- What payroll must do in the next few months to comply with the health care reform mandates for information reporting, which will hit almost all employers next January.
- The 6 essential steps to stay out of hot water if you're thinking about paying employees using paycards.
- Important compliance tips for 2015 on emerging payroll issues.
- And much, much more…
This 75-minute training session gives you practical, easy-to-understand solutions to the complex payroll issues you'll face throughout the year. Plus, you'll get answers to your specific questions during our interactive Q&A session with Alice.
Payroll mistakes can be costly… in terms of dollars and upper management's belief in the payroll department. Never again wonder "Am I doing it right?" Learn how to comply with confidence and avoid the IRS's heat.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PACE|
All US States: 1.5
PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
payroll, taxes, HR, compliance, accounting, reimbursements
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts