7 Questions to Ask When Establishing Cause for Disciplining and Terminating Employees
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
This webinar will focus on understanding and implementing a simple, yet comprehensive approach to investigating and documenting potential disciplinary and termination actions.
You will learn seven questions to establish cause for discipline or termination, as well as why proper investigation and documentation minimizes potential for the filing of discrimination claims, decreases settlement value of discrimination claims and reduces potential for meritorious administrative actions or litigation.
Theories of Liability
- Greatest Number of Claims
- Circumstantial Evidence
- Origin of Seven Questions
- Seven Questions
- Employees Find Protection
Evidence in Discrimination Claims
- Qualifications for Position
- Similarly Situated Employee
- Articulating Legitimate Nondiscriminatory Reason
Using the Seven QuestionsDefending Discrimination ClaimsAbout The Presenters
- How Juries, Judges, Investigators Analyze Claims
Saul C. Glazer
Troy D. Thompson
- Partner at Axley Brynelson, LLP
- Focuses on employment and construction law
- His work as an employment lawyer includes representing employers before administrative agencies, and state and federal courts
- Counsels clients on the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other state and federal disability discrimination and accommodation laws
- Experience also includes cases involving hostile work environments, retaliation, OSHA regulatory compliance, wage and hour laws, arrest and criminal convictions, equal pay, employment contracts, restrictive covenants, confidentiality and noncompete agreements
- Editor of the Wisconsin Employment Law Letter
- Contributed to the 2010, 2011 and 2012 publications of Fifty Employment Laws in Fifty States
- Partner in the law firm of Axley Brynelson, LLP and chairs the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group
- Represents private and public sector employers in all facets of traditional labor and employment, litigation and business matters
- In addition to advising employers on day-to-day issues relating to personnel policies and practices affecting the labor force, he represents the interests of management in actions pending before federal and state courts, as well as in administrative hearings and appeals
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and all Wisconsin state courts
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Paycheck Fundamentals Training &Certification Program
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar