Privacy In The Workplace
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
The webinar will provide an overview of the changing landscape of employee privacy in the law. It will also highlight practical solutions for employers in addressing privacy related issues with employees.
Legal Issues in Employee Privacy
Special Protections for Telephone and Computer Monitoring
- What Laws Generally Protect Employee Privacy at Work?
- How Have Courts and Legislatures Addressed Privacy Issues in the Face of Rapidly Changing Technology?
Social Media and the Workplace
- Can Employers Lawfully Monitor Employees at Work on Employer-Owned Equipment?
- What Are the Legal Limitations on Employee Monitoring?
Protected Health and Disability Information
- What Privacy Issues Are Emerging Regarding Employees' Use of Social Media on and off the Clock?
- What Guidelines Can Employers Use to Balance Employee Privacy Concerns With Employer Workplace Interests?
Practical Steps for Employers
- What Special Concerns Relate to Protecting Employee Health Related Information?
- What Steps Can Employers Take to Ensure Compliance With Health Related Employee Protections?
About The Presenters
- How Do Technology and Privacy Concerns Affect Hiring, Discipline and Employee Terminations?
- What to Include in Policy Manuals and Handbooks?
Denise Smith Cline, Esq.
- Owner, Law Offices of Denise Smith Cline, PLLC, 2010 to present
- Practice focuses on litigation and counseling on employment law and health care issues
- Her employment law expertise includes statutory discrimination claims, wage and hour issues, unemployment compensation, wrongful and retaliatory discharge claims, negligent supervision and emotional distress claims
- Handles contract disputes involving covenants not to compete, severance, employment and confidentiality agreements
- Selected by Best Lawyers®, 2015; North Carolina’s Legal Elite/ Business North Carolina magazine, 2006 to 2014; Super Lawyer, 2011 to 2014; and selected for admission to Litigation Counsel of America, 2011
- Certified mediator and a member of the American Arbitration Association’s Roster of Neutrals, Commercial Panel
- Member of Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP’s Litigation and Labor and Employment Practice, 2003 to 2010
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar