Medicare Secondary Payer Act: Protecting Medicare's Interest in Insurance Settlements
|Date / Time:
This webinar will explore the common problems attorneys and claim handlers face when confronted with Medicare Secondary Payer compliance issues in workers' compensation cases.
You will also learn about the latest trends in Medicare-related compliance from a regulatory, legislative, and legal perspective.
- Medicare by the Numbers – MSP Compliance
- WCMSA Reference Manual
- Current Status of Section 111 Reporting
- SMART Act Implementation and Related Issues
- Medicaid Compliance Issues Update
- The Medicare Secondary Payer and Workers' Compensation Settlement Agreement Act-H.R. 1982 and the SMARTER Act
- Workers' Compensation Changes at the State Level
Wrap-up and Important Points to RememberAbout The Presenters
- Medicare Advantage Plans (MAP)
- The Courts and Liability MSAs
- Case Studies: MSAs and Common Litigation Pitfalls
- Attorney and the Chief Legal Officer of MSP Compliance Solutions, LLC, which is a Minneapolis, Minnesota based legal compliance and consulting firm
- Experience in Medicare compliance by working with over a decade in the Medicare compliance, workers’ compensation and civil litigation sectors
- Recognized national subject-matter expert on Medicare Secondary Payer Act compliance matters
- Active member in the National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals (NAMSAP) and Hennepin County Bar Association
- J.D. degree, William Mitchell College of Law; B.A. degree, St. Cloud State University
- Vice president of Business Development with Protocols, LLC
- Delivers market-specific intelligence and specializes in providing a comprehensive suite of MSP compliance services to clients as they settle workers’ compensation or liability insurance claims
- Nearly 25 years of MSP and structured settlement expertise
- Was a member of senior management for Cambridge Galaher Settlements, a premier structured settlements brokerage firm where he led client relationship management of multiple customers and assisted with service plan evaluations, adjustments and program statistical analysis
- Has extensive experience providing structured settlement solutions to bring both workers’ compensation and liability claims to a successful resolution for all parties to the claim settlement
- Member of the National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals (NAMSAP) and serves on its legislation and data development committees
- Member of the National Structured Settlements Trade Association (NSSTA), having served on its legislation and regulations committees
- Holds life accident and health insurance licenses in several states
- B.A. degree, Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law