Unclaimed Property: Why Your Organization Can't Afford NOT to Be in Compliance
|Date / Time:
Every state has an unclaimed property law to which compliance is mandatory. However, there are still many organizations subject to these laws who are unfamiliar with what is required and the consequences of being noncompliant.Who Must Comply With the States' Unclaimed Property Laws?
States have recently become more focused on locating noncomplying entities with the intent of bringing them into compliance though either cooperative outreach programs or, increasingly, through rigorous audits. Therefore, it is imperative that all entities proactively ensure that they are in full compliance with the states' unclaimed property laws.
This webinar will provide practical information on what is unclaimed property, who must comply, the consequences of non-compliance and suggested proactive measures to achieve full compliance.
What Is Unclaimed Property?
Why Should You Be Concerned About Compliance?
- Rules of Jurisdiction
- Overview of State Law Requirements
How Do You Become Compliant?
- Increasing State Compliance Efforts
- Industry-Focused Audits
- Penalties for Non-compliance
- Sarbanes-Oxley Ramifications
About The Presenters
- Voluntary Compliance Initiatives
- Ongoing Compliance Best Practices
Laurie Andrews, CFE
- Manager with Keane Unclaimed Property
- Extensive unclaimed property background focused on unclaimed property fraud prevention, claims and research
- Throughout her career, she was involved with all areas of unclaimed property and developed and provided training about fraud, customer service, and claims to her staff, other departments within the Pennsylvania Treasury, and other unclaimed property state programs
- Joined the Keane Unclaimed Property Practice following more than 15 years of service with the Pennsylvania Department of Treasury
- Director of Insurance Solutions, Keane
- More than 25 years of diverse and extensive experience in the insurance industry
- Areas of specialty include operations, strategic planning, executive management, claims administration and Verus audits
- Expertise in compliance, underwriting, performance management, business development and unclaimed property
- Served as a CEO, COO, vice president of Operations, and director of Internal Consulting within various insurance entities in addition to his work as an external consultant
- Successfully led systems conversions, reductions-in-force, turnaround efforts, new market development and day-to-day operations
- Most recent experience has focused on the operational impact of “fuzzy match” type audits and “DMF” regulations on insurance entities
- One of the few people with end to end, hands on experience of a Verus audit including the remit phase
- Member of Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How to Supervise People Seminar