Understanding Disability in the Workplace: LTD, STD, Workers' Compensation and Return-to-Work
|Date / Time:
Most employers struggle with the problem of absenteeism as business objectives simply can't be met if employees aren't at work.
Managing absences related to an employee's illness or injury can be administratively burdensome and legally difficult, further complicated by the proliferation of federal, state, and local laws defining both paid and unpaid leave and disability entitlements.
In this webinar we will discuss the components of illness and injury benefits, including sick time, short- and long-term disability and workers' compensation.
You will learn how to take your program from theory to reality, focusing on identifying the right tactic, and effectively deploying resources to get the best shared outcome for the employee and the employer.
Fundamentals of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
The Disabled Employee in the Workplace: A Hand's On Perspective
- Program Roll Call – From Sick Time to Long Term Disability, and Everything in Between
- Programs That Provide Pay, and Those That Provide Job Protections and/or Benefit Continuation
- Federal, State and Local Regulations Impacting These Programs
From Theory to Reality: Case Studies
- Return-to-Work and Advocacy Initiatives Focused on Reducing Lost Time and Improving Employee Health, Including Integrative Programs Combining Health, Wellness and Absence
- Identifying Triggers for ADAAA, and Conducting the Interactive Process
- Using Resources, Such as Vocational Rehabilitation
About The Presenter:
- Identifying and Overcoming Obstacles: Return-to-Work Coaching
- Dealing With Sensitive Issues: Conduct and Hygiene Cases
- Overcoming Resistance: Supervisor Strategies
- When You Have to Say No
- Principal in the Orange, California office of Buck Consultants, LLC, a Xerox Company
- National lead of Buck’s Absence & Productivity Solutions specialty consulting practice
- Provides expertise and leadership across the spectrum of absence-related issues, including leave of absence, occupational and nonoccupational time-off programs and disability plans
- More than 27 years of consulting experience in the absence management specialty
- Worked extensively in designing time-off and disability plans, establishing integrated programs and creating innovative metrics and reporting tools to demonstrate the impact of absenteeism and disability
- Written extensively on the topics of disability and leave of absence management; her article, "Aging Grace", profiled the special patterns of occupational and nonoccupational disability among older workers, and was published in Benefits Canada in 2007
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar