HSAs and Consumer-Driven Health Plans in a Post-Health Care Reform World
|Date / Time:
If you are like most people involved with benefits, you receive your health insurance renewal and then try and figure out a way to make the increase as little as possible. In many cases, we look at the new health savings account compatible plans (get a quote) and then say "the premium savings is not enough to change." The problem with this thought process is that we expect a consumer-driven health plan to be a magic bullet.
Until consumers start to understand what health care costs and change their use of care, we will be in a never ending spiral of increasing premiums. How do we change this? We have to change the way people pay for and think about their health care.
Changing someone's behavior takes time. Smokers can't stop smoking and dieter's fail more than they are successful for this very reason. It is difficult to change. Until there is a way to more effectively change a consumer's behavior, people will always opt for the co-pay.
To make things more complicated, health care reform adds layers of complexity to the decision making process.
This webinar will describe the new environment and how consumer-driven health plans fit within it. There are many non-insurance tools that are available to aid in benefit plan design and to aid in this transition. From health reimbursement arrangements and flexible spending accounts to the newest health savings accounts, the rules and eligibility criteria of these plans differ depending on the tax filing status of the business and the owners.
Transitioning to a Consumer-Driven Health Plan
Health Care Reform
- This Is Not a Magic Bullet - It Will Take Time
- Education Is Critical - Have a Plan
- Which Accounts to Use When and Why
- Minimum Essential Coverage
- Minimum Value
- Cadillac Tax
Producing the Right BehaviorDisease Management PlansSmoking Cessation and Weight LossAbout The Presenter:
- What Is a Comparable Contribution?
- Who Is an EE?
- Why Does Using IRC 125 Make a Difference?
John C. Garner, CEBS, CLU, CFCI, CMC
- Chief compliance officer for Bolton & Company, one of the 100 largest insurance brokers in the country
- Specializes in group life, health and disability benefits
- Wrote the Health Insurance Answer Book, co-wrote the Medical/Disability Claims Handbook and wrote dozens of articles, including an award-winning article in the Journal of Financial Service Professionals on using HRAs and HSAs to control health care costs
- National Legislative and Government Affairs advisor for the Disability Management Employer Coalition
- On the Board of Directors of the Western Claim Conference and the Los Angeles Chapter of the International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists (ISCEBS) and previously served as president of both of these organizations and is also a past president of the Employee Benefit Planning Association of Southern California and the Los Angeles Life and Accident Claim Association
- Past member of the Governing Council of the ISCEBS and a past chair of the CEBS committee of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, the committee with academic oversight of the CEBS program
- Graduate, Occidental College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar