From Religion to Romance, Bullying to FMLA Abuse: Avoiding and Handling Thorny Employee Issues
|Date / Time:
Would you know how to respond if one employee feels bullied by another's religious beliefs and actions? Or what to do if you found pictures of an employee snow-skiing - who was out on leave for a medical condition?
This 90-minute webinar is designed to help you navigate common and growing issues arising in the workplace. Focused on providing practical tips to avoid problems and prevent their escalation, the topics will include policies and tips to address workplace romances; preventing and responding to workplace bullying and other potential sources of harassment or violence; handling religious accommodations to avoid liability and maintain productivity; and handling issues that frequently arise when employees take leave under the FMLA or ADA.
Relationships in the Workplace
- Hypotheticals and Legal Implications
- Discussion Tips
- Love Contracts
Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
- Legal Protections and When Bullying Becomes a Hostile Work Environment
- Avoidance Through Policies
- Avoidance Through Workplace Culture
- Responding to Bullying Allegations
- Dealing With "Jerk" Employees
Employee Leave Abuse
- Hypotheticals and Legal Implications
- Investigations and Culture Shifts
- Undue Burden Discussion Tips
About The Presenters:
- Use or Abuse?
- Knowing How to Handle Leaves Under the FMLA and ADA
- Social Media and Employee Leave Investigations
- What Happens When Leave Keeps Getting Extended?
- Documenting Your Case of Abuse
Jennifer M. Trulock
- Associate at Baker Botts L.L.P. in Dallas, Texas
- Represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment litigation, counseling employers on managing workplace issues and preventing lawsuits, and drafting employee handbooks and policies
- J.D. degree, Harvard Law School; B.A. degree, Howard University, summa cum laude
- Partner at Baker Botts L.L.P. in Dallas, Texas
- Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group
- Represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment litigation and audits including independent contractor misclassification issues, counseling and training employers on managing workplace issues and preventing lawsuits, workplace investigations, affirmative action planning, and advising on acquisition and divestiture employment issues
- Board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center; B.A. degree, Vassar College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar