Work-Related Stress Claims: Overview, the Law and Strategies for Defense
|Date / Time:
In recent years, work-related stress claims have been one of the fastest growing segments of the workers' compensation system. Employers continue to receive an increasing number of occupationally induced stress claims from their employees. This epidemic has caused an upward spiral in insurance costs to investigate, defend and prevent these claims.
This webinar will address many of the difficult issues that arise when handling a work-related stress claim such as legal burdens of proof, various types of stress claims and available benefits. This webinar will provide an overview of this epidemic while assisting workers' compensation in handling the defense of these claims to reduce or eliminate costs.
- What Is an Occupational Stress Claim
Legal Burdens of Proof
- Work-Related Stress Claim Statistics
- Costs of Stress in the Workplace
- Physical Stress Injuries
- Emotional/Mental Stress Injuries
- Mental/Mental Stress Injuries
- Abnormal Working Conditions
- Various State Burdens of Proof for Occupational Stress Claims
Contested Types of Work-Related Stress Claims
- Discussion of Retaining an Expert
- Providing Expert With Factual Background
- Records and Information for Assessment
- Existence of Causal Relationship of Alleged Stress and Employment
Types of Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Panic Attacks and Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder or Clinical Depression
- Stress-Related Cognitive Impairment
Defense of Stress Claims by Employers
- Medical Treatment
- Temporary Disability Benefits
- Permanent Disability Benefits
About The Presenter:
- Factual Investigation, Recordkeeping and Personnel File
- Performance Problems or Personality Differences
- Index (CIB) Search for Other Claims
- Motivational or Misbehavior Issues
- Reasonable Accommodations and Prevention
Zachary M. Rubinich
- Partner in the Philadelphia office of Rawle & Henderson, LLP
- Focuses on the defense of insurance carriers, self-insured entities and third-party administrators against workers’ compensation claims in Pennsylvania
- Based on his extensive experience, the Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Law Section has certified him as specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law
- Handled all aspects of litigation before workers’ compensation judges, the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board, the Commonwealth Court and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Routinely counsels employers, insurance carriers and third-party administrators on claims management, workplace safety, return-to-work programs, employment practices and risk management
- Recently selected as a member of the American Bar Association’s Tort Trial and Insurance Practice (TIPS) Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Law Committee for 2014-2015
- Preeminently rates in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and has been selected as a Pennsylvania Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2010 to 2014
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar