Recruiting, Hiring and Retaining the Best Seasonal Talent
|Date / Time:
This webinar will help attendees understand the unique aspects and challenges inherent to seasonal hiring.
Just like full-time employees, seasonal employees enjoy the protection of employment laws that cover harassment, discrimination and workplace safety. Employers must bear this in mind when recruiting and hiring seasonal talent.
The webinar will also explore how improper recruiting or hiring acts may violate Title VII and incur liability in a potential discrimination suit. Likewise, the presentation will examine how to retain annual seasonal employees to save on recruitment and ensure a qualified, committed and experienced staff.
Seasonal Employee Rights
The Application Form
- Laws That Apply to Seasonal Employees
- Benefits That Seasonal Employees Receive
- Items to Include
- What the Responses Tell You About Applicants
- Questions to Avoid in the Interview Process
- Common Interview Style Errors
About The Presenters
- Effectively Manage Seasonal Employees
- Common Mistakes in Dealing With Seasonal Employees
Carolyn B. Witherspoon
- Director at Cross, Gunter, Witherspoon & Galchus, P.C.
- Practices labor and employment law, and transportation law
- Represents public and private employers in defending employment-related matters, including Title VII litigation
- Conducts extensive training in the employment area for employers
- Frequent contributor to legal publications on topics involving employment and personnel issues
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business; The Best Lawyers in America; Mid-South Super
- Lawyers and Arkansas Top 50 Super Lawyers
- Member, Commission on Uniform State Laws, Governor's Appointment 2013
- J.D. degree, with honors, University of Arkansas at Little Rock; B.A. degree, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program