From Staff to Supervisor: Strategies for a Smooth Transition
|Date / Time:
The first time supervisor - strategies for a successful transition covers from the beginning of the critical factors of the self-assessment, through the critical for success skills, pros and cons in different environments, and concludes with the eight critical to success factors that every manager needs to know.
We all know the story too well, where a manager promotes the best single contributor to a supervisor and it ends in harming everyone involved and the business. Are good work habits, technical knowledge, demonstrated manual skills, the best reason to promote that person to a supervisory position - of course not. Yet, it may be happening to you as you become a supervisor for the first time.
This webinar will provide you a detailed road map to the critical for success factors every supervisor needs to know for a successful transition. Thereby, you can avoid the harm to yourself, your employees and your business that a seemingly appropriate promotion to supervisor can bring, when the most important decision-making information and preparation are overlooked. Per Abraham Lincoln, "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power!" Make sure you are fully aware of what you need to know and do to make your transition to supervisor a successful one.
You've Just Been Promoted to Your First Position as a Supervisor – What Should You Do?
Supervision Skills Training
- Self-Assessment – Do You Have These Critical Supervision Skills?
- Relationships With CoWorkers
- Managing Perceptions to Succeed
- Work Environment
- UnionFree; Union; Other
What Will the First Time Supervisor Experience?
- Types of Programs
- Seminars; Long Term Group Training
- High Performance Company Specific Continuously Improving
- Individual Development Plans
- Leadership vs. Management Skills
- Link to Other Employee Training
- Unskilled; Skilled
- Technical; Administrative
- Altered/Lost Friendship
- Jealousy; Malicious Obedience
- Acceptance; No Longer One of the Group
- Informal Leaders
- Employee Bad Work Habits Are Too Well Known
- Your Past Work Habits Are Too Well Known
- How to Help the First Time Supervisor in a Union-Free Environment
The Eight Critical to Success Planning FactorsAbout The Presenter:
- No Longer a Brother or Sister
- Can/Cannot Return to the Union
- The Organized Cold Shoulder
- Deliberate Efforts to Undermine Your Authority
- Deliberate Efforts to Disrupt the Work Environment
- How to Help the First Time Supervisor in a Union Environment
Paula H. Harvey, M.B.A., SHRM-SCP, SPHR, GPHR, ASC
- Strategic Global Human Resources professional
- Professional experience has spanned more than 28 years
- Multilingual and has spoken to both global and national audiences on many subjects in the Human Resources and Safety fields
- Worked in a wide variety of industries including construction products, manufacturing, distribution, retail, engineering services, furniture and steel fabrication
- Active member of SHRM serving as the 2014-2015 NCSHRM Director-Emeritus, past Membership Advisory Council (MAC) Representative, and past-president of two SHRM chapters
- Honored with the NCSHRM Humanitarian of the Year in 2014, NCSHRM HR Professional of the Year in 2005, and the 2009 HR Consultant of the Year awards
- Inducted in 2012 to the NCSHRM HR Hall of Fame.
- Global and nationally certified HR and Safety Professional and instructs at many institutions of higher learning
- M.B.A. degree, with a concentration in human resource management, UNC Charlotte; B.B.A. degree in international marketing and operations management, University of Texas at Austin
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud